Cassandra Lawson's Reviews > Too Many Rock Stars

Too Many Rock Stars by Candy J. Starr

20396951

liked it

It took me a little while to get into this book, and I was tempted to stop reading in the beginning. It does pick up near the middle, but I still found myself not really able to connect with most of the characters. Violet books bands at a club for a living, and she absolutely does not date rockers. When the club ends up in trouble, she is pressured into agreeing to the terms of a contest between the two rockers who won’t leave her alone, Alex and Razer. The prize is a date with her. While this story had potential for some really hot sexual tension, I just didn’t feel much chemistry between any of the characters. I also had a hard time figuring out the attraction to Violet. She was moody and downright mean most of the time. Razer was the best part of this book for me. He first came off as cocky and kind of annoying, but as the book progressed he became much more likable and did some really sweet things. While I didn’t love Alex, I did really enjoy the way he was written, and my only complaint with his character was that there was mention of bad things from his past that were never really revealed. Overall, this book was a three star read for me. While it was well-written, it just didn’t pull me in.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Many Rock Stars.

October 29, 2015 – Started Reading