megs_bookrack's Reviews > Dracula

Dracula by Bram Stoker

bookshelves: favorites
Read 3 times. Last read September 4, 2018 to October 13, 2018.

A true masterpiece.

Believe it or not, I am still considering how to best write a 'review' for this, one of my favorite novels of all time.

I annotated this most recent time reading, in the hopes that it would help when it came to composing my final thoughts.

What I am really struggling with is the idea of little ole' me 'reviewing' a masterpiece.

I guess my goal is more to compel people to read this amazing piece of world literature as opposed to providing a critique of Stoker's work. Let me think on this a while longer. In the meantime, have a gander at this The Lost Boys gif -- a movie greatly inspired by Dracula:

Review or not, I am so happy to have reread this for the 3rd time. Dracula is a book I will continue to reread periodically for the rest of my life.

If you haven't read this yet, please give it a go, it may surprise you. You may think you know this story...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula.

Finished Reading
2004 – Started Reading
2004 – Finished Reading
October 27, 2015 – Shelved
January 4, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
September 4, 2018 – Started Reading
October 13, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Justine It's also one of my favorite books of all times <3

megs_bookrack Justine wrote: "It's also one of my favorite books of all times <3" I read the first 40-pages last night and was like, yep, this completely confirms my belief it is one of the most beautifully gothic stories ever written!

message 3: by Luvtoread (new) - added it

Luvtoread Very cool book for October, Megs!!🎃🎃

megs_bookrack Luvtoread wrote: "Very cool book for October, Megs!!🎃🎃" it sure is!!! One of the BEST, for sure!

message 5: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine Awesome review meg!!! I've read this book a couple times too!!💖💋

megs_bookrack Kat wrote: "Awesome review meg!!! I've read this book a couple times too!!💖💋" Thank you so much, Kat! I am so happy to know this book means something to you as well! xo

Catherine One of my favorite books ever too and it's impossible for me to write a review about books that are such masterpieces. So yes, I totally get it!