megs_bookrack's Reviews > Dracula

Dracula by Bram Stoker

bookshelves: favorites
Read 3 times. Last read September 4, 2018 to October 13, 2018.

Dracula is a truly timeless MASTERPIECE.

Believe it or not, I am still unable to review this, one of my very favorite novels of all time.

I annotated my most recent time reading it, in the hopes that it would help when it came to composing my final thoughts.

Alas, what I am really struggling with is the idea of little ole' me 'reviewing' a masterpiece.

I guess my goal is more to compel people to pick up this amazing piece of world literature and give it a shot, as opposed to providing an analysis of Stoker's work.

Let me compose myself a while longer; although we all know in reality a full review will never come.

Regardless, in the meantime, have a gander at this The Lost Boys gif, a movie greatly inspired by Dracula:

Full review or not, I am so happy to have reread this for the 3rd time. Dracula is a book I will continue to reread periodically for the rest of my life.

If you haven't read this yet, please give it a go, it may surprise you. You may think you know this story...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula.

Finished Reading
2004 – Started Reading
2004 – Finished Reading
October 27, 2015 – Shelved
January 4, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
September 4, 2018 – Started Reading
September 4, 2018 –
page 40
8.66% "I forgot how quickly the feelings of fear, isolation and desperation are developed! Brilliant 💖"
September 6, 2018 –
page 87
18.83% "Forcing myself to go to bed..."
September 12, 2018 –
page 110
23.81% "The ship...gives me chills every time!"
September 14, 2018 –
page 125
September 15, 2018 –
page 140
September 23, 2018 –
page 200
43.29% "Lucy breaks my heart - poor soul..."
September 29, 2018 –
page 260
56.28% "Oh yea - things heating up in the graveyard!"
October 4, 2018 –
page 322
October 5, 2018 –
page 364
October 7, 2018 –
page 403
October 11, 2018 –
page 432
93.51% "Our final showdown is drawing nigh. I love this book so much. Saving the last 30 pages for the weekend!"
October 13, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine It's also one of my favorite books of all times <3

megs_bookrack Justine wrote: "It's also one of my favorite books of all times <3" I read the first 40-pages last night and was like, yep, this completely confirms my belief it is one of the most beautifully gothic stories ever written!

message 3: by Luvtoread (new) - added it

Luvtoread Very cool book for October, Megs!!🎃🎃

megs_bookrack Luvtoread wrote: "Very cool book for October, Megs!!🎃🎃" it sure is!!! One of the BEST, for sure!

message 5: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine Awesome review meg!!! I've read this book a couple times too!!💖💋

megs_bookrack Kat wrote: "Awesome review meg!!! I've read this book a couple times too!!💖💋" Thank you so much, Kat! I am so happy to know this book means something to you as well! xo

Catherine One of my favorite books ever too and it's impossible for me to write a review about books that are such masterpieces. So yes, I totally get it!

megs_bookrack Catherine wrote: "One of my favorite books ever too and it's impossible for me to write a review about books that are such masterpieces. So yes, I totally get it!"
I am so sorry I missed your comment before, Catherine! I am also happy to hear that this is one of your favorite books too. We definitely have very similar reading tastes! xo

Kimber Also one of my favorites

megs_bookrack Kimber wrote: "Also one of my favorites" It's way more of a love story than I think people would believe. Beautifully told.

Aisling Zena Terrific review Megs! I read this so many years ago I don't quite remember it.. Another re-readI need to do lol :)

megs_bookrack Aisling Zena wrote: "Terrific review Megs! I read this so many years ago I don't quite remember it.. Another re-readI need to do lol :)" Thank you so much! I feel like I get more out of it every time I reread it. Truth be told, I will probably pick it up again this Fall. If you read it again I would love to hear if you enjoy it more, less or the same! xo

message 13: by Bret (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bret Praxmarer I just finished Dracula's Child by Barnes - it is the PERFECT sequel to Dracula - which is also one of my favorite books of all time.

megs_bookrack Bret wrote: "I just finished Dracula's Child by Barnes - it is the PERFECT sequel to Dracula - which is also one of my favorite books of all time."Oh, really!? This is awesome, Bret. Thank you. I have never heard of that one, but will definitely look it up!

Rimiform If the people you're trying to compel to read this piece require an animated GIF to show up every two sentences, they're going to hate reading Dracula.

Your review of Dracula doesn't have to be a work of art itself; just make it thorough, genuine, and preferably actually about the book itself (you'd be surprised how many fail at that, myself included) and you're already golden.

megs_bookrack Rimiform wrote: "If the people you're trying to compel to read this piece require an animated GIF to show up every two sentences, they're going to hate reading Dracula.

Your review of Dracula doesn't have to be a ..."
Thank you for your constructive criticism, Rimiform. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me! Happy Reading!