Sharon's Reviews > Psycho

Psycho by Robert Bloch

bookshelves: halloween-reads

"You're a Mamma's Boy. That's what they called you, and that's what you were. Were, are, and always will be. A big, fat, overgrown Mamma's Boy!"

Norman Bates runs Bates Motel with his mother. It's not exactly thriving - guests are few and far between. But when 27 year old Mary Crane does something that could land her in a lot of trouble, she flees - and ends up at the motel, discovering that we do, indeed, all go a little crazy sometimes.

I've never seen the movie. I mean, I've seen "the scene" several times in movie countdowns or whatever, but I didn't know the whole story. It's scary - because it's human. It's the story of a madman and what goes on in his brain - you never know what's going on in someone's mind, and Norman Bates is the epitome of that. On the outside he's an overweight, shy, awkward 40 year old man under his mother's thumb - but in reality, he is stark raving mad. And that's scary.

I enjoyed the novel, it was a quick read and The Murder Room have done a great job converting it to digital format.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Psycho.

October 26, 2015 – Started Reading