Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > Relatively Famous

Relatively Famous by Jessica Park

Jan 21, 2011

bookshelves: my-books, ebook, for-review, from-author, young-adult
Read from January 19 to 20, 2011

I thought this was a really cute book, almost like a novel version of a chick flick, and I mean that in a good way. It involves LA, fame, and riches, but it has a lot of heart. Is some of that heart served with extra cheese? Yes, at times, but I was looking for a light, enjoyable read when I read this, and that’s exactly what I got.

There are a few moments that felt a bit stiff, but nothing absolutely horrible. Things between Dani and Nathan should have progressed more slowly and been flushed out a bit more, because even though they had some cute moments it seemed like they went from talking a couple of times to kissing. Likewise, Dani was a pretty cool chick throughout the book, so her acting like a brat at the end seemed a bit out of character, but I guess it was necessary plot-wise.

Everything gets wrapped up at the end of this one, which is nice. The ending seemed abrupt, in that I just didn’t expect the last scene to be the last scene. Generally, though, this was a really enjoyable and cute book, which is why I’m giving it such a good rating. It celebrates family and friends, features lots of good moments, and has tons of mentions of parties and fun in the sun. And really, who can resist that?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relatively Famous.