Dylan Hiler's Reviews > Paper in the Wind

Paper in the Wind by Olivia Mason-Charles

Olivia Mason-Charles manages to craft a tale that comes straight from the podium of a support group. In a good way. One can imagine the main character, the father of a girl with severe autism, giving a speech in front of dozens of people that know, are trying to raise, or are themselves people afflicted by autism. It is also the perfect length for this type of powerful speech. The story moves at an appropriate pace, goes over the crucial details, and still manages to bring forth a tale of strength and perseverance.

At first the father's attitude was draining, until I was able to 'diagnose' it. The man suffers (in my opinion) from a case of PTSD. Spoiler free, I think hearing his tale, knowing that about him, will make it even more enjoyable.

The life of the father and his daughter Alexa was not a particularly easy, or pleasant one for most of their days. How they interact with one another, their friends, and their family is meaningful. It evolves. It is vivid. I would recommend this book to any fan of any genre. It's a quick read and has a subtle power to it. Everyone can take something from it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper in the Wind.

October 26, 2015 – Shelved