C.G. Drews's Reviews > The Glittering Court

The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glittering Court.

October 26, 2015 – Shelved
October 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 20, 2016 – Started Reading
April 20, 2016 –
page 201
50.25% "Adelaide: I REFUSE TO MARRY A MAN I'VE NEVER MET.\n Adelaide: *runs away to join a competition to marry a man she's never met*"
April 20, 2016 –
page 271
67.75% "This has rapidly gone from mildly unamusing to insufferably sleep inducing."
April 20, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
April 20, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
April 20, 2016 – Shelved as: magical-fantasy
April 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Yodamom Bummer. I've not heard any good news on this books from like minded readers. Love your review

Tracy Agreed on all counts up until the part where I stopped reading, which seems to be where the Wild Westy bit took place. I'd say don't stick a fork in this author yet if you can manage it. I'm sure that's a hard sell with her last two being such flat tires. Maybe attempt Succubus Blues if you are up for it. A pretty great adult series and full of fantasy and amazingly excruciating love stuff. Might be up your alley and you can get a better idea of the awesome that Richelle Mead is/used to be.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie Boismenu I would still recommend that you try the Succubus series by Richelle Meas. It's my favourite work of hers, and it's way better than her other series or novels.

Nouf *LostinFantasy* Great review! I stopped reading early on in the book but after reading your review, it looks like all the faults I found in it stick till the end and do not get better.

message 5: by Aimee (new)

Aimee I will now forever use one apple short of a pie to describe certain people. XD Thank you for your reviews, they're very helpful!

message 6: by Anam (new) - added it

Anam i think osfrid is suppose to be england and adoria is america and etc :)

Matie *Crazy Cat Lady* Awesome review (as always)! :) I love Mead´s Vampire Academy series and it is sad that her latest books aren´t as good as they used to be. I tried reading the Bloodlines series after I binge-read Vampire Academy but had to dnf the first book because it was so boooring. :( But I´d definitively recommend her earlier novels. ^^

message 8: by Bee (new)

Bee Welp... I don't think I'll ever read one of this author's books. After seeing how disappointed you & others were with Soundless and now this one... No thank you? xD

message 9: by Maggie (new) - added it

Maggie ☘ Awesome review! I have heard a lot of bad stuff about this book and Soundless, but her Vampire Academy series is awesome. It's not boring, confusing, nor sexist and the main heroine Rose is very bold, opinionated and sassy. I would recommend you give VA a chance and maybe you'll be surprised.:)

Tracy I completely agree with Maggie Wonderland-Bookworm. If you are willing to give her another go and think you'd lean more towards her YA than adult books, then give VA a try. Rose is everything Maggie described and more. One of my all favorite female protagonists!

message 11: by Mhay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mhay Your review is absolutely HILARIOUS! I actually enjoyed it but there was A LOT of nonsense that I couldn't figure out and I just dismissed it as it being the first book of the series so it'll be clearer in the next book???

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Nice review! :) I haven't read this book yet, but I'm seriously considering it, because I really want to find a book which actually grips me, unlike most of the books I've tried reading recently. Hopefully this book will be the one, though from your review it sounds like it isn't as good as I'm hoping it will be. I think I'll try it anyway, since the quotes I've read on here make it look like the book's writing style might pull me in. And, I'm going to echo the other people commenting here and say that you could try giving Richelle Mead another go. Her series Vampire Academy is a great series (and literally one of the only series by her I've bothered reading so far), and definitely one of the ones I always go back to. Bloodlines is nice as well, though the writing isn't as good as in Vampire Academy. The forbidden romance between the two protagonists in Bloodlines definitely puts the forbidden romance in Vampire Academy to shame. :) It's also much more heartwarming than the romance in VA. So I'd recommend you try VA and Bloodlines if you feel like it, because these two series are really good and probably worth your time. :)

Michelle OMG! You said everything I was thinking as I read this book. I kept wondering where we were going with this story. And not telling us her real name for majority of the book was just dumb.

Jessica I had to force myself to finish this book.

Diana-christie Omg this review is funny, I'm listening to this book right now. I liked her Vampire Academy series, but haven't read any others. I think this is the third book in a row I'm listening to that is boring!

message 16: by Alice (new)

Alice Vampire academy is pretty entertaining and fast paced so I think you should try it.