Irena's Reviews > The Glittering Court

The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

Oct 26, 2015

it was ok

Ladies and gentlemen, I now present you my review in pictures:

This is what The Glittering Court is about:

description

Only, imagine girls instead of horses.
Girls who are trained to become polite ladies so they could be sold to rich gentlemens who would marry them.
Before you turn upon me because I'm comparing girls to horses, let me say that that was my point: to show you how objectified women in this story were.

This is how happy I was when I started this novel:
description

This is how I felt most of the time while reading:

description

This is my reaction when I think that the same author who wrote this boring piece of literature also wrote my favorite book series of all time (Vampire Academy):

After finishing a book:

description

I will not continue with the series even though I liked Mira and Tamsin.

...and I thought no book by Richelle Mead can be worse then Soundless. Boy was I wrong!

Before reading:

RICHELLE MEAD HAS A NEW SERIES!!!!
RICHELLE MEAD HAS A NEW SERIES!!!!!
RICHELLE MEAD HAS A NEW SERIES!!!!!!

Thank God!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glittering Court.

October 26, 2015 – Shelved
October 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 22, 2016 – Started Reading
February 19, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I Saw Advance,Finished Copies On The Shelf at The Bookstore :0

message 2: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Enjoy, sweetheart!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about it!!! :d xx

Irena Thanks Nicoleta! I hope I will even though reviews aren't so good so far as I can see... :/

message 4: by S.J. (new) - added it

S.J. Abbo Uživaj!

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆ Happy reading! <3

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Oh, I loved Vampire Academy, but they all ended in cliffhangers. I can't wait to read this review!

Irena S.J wrote: "Uživaj!"

Hvala ti! :)

Irena Anna ☘ wrote: "Happy reading! <3"

Thank you! ;)
Za sada sam pročitala 50 stranica i dobra je, nije dosadna kao što druge recenzije sugeriraju, ali još se to stigne promijeniti...

Irena Stephanie wrote: "Oh, I loved Vampire Academy, but they all ended in cliffhangers. I can't wait to read this review!"

Vampire Academy is my all time favorite series! I just love the world and the characters...
I wish Richelle Mead would write more books about my favorite characters...

Thank you, I will be as honest as I can in my review. :)

Ayesha Happy reading Irena!!!❤
I'm really excited to read this too:))

Irena Ayesha wrote: "Happy reading Irena!!!❤
I'm really excited to read this too:))"

Thank you so much Ayesha!
I hope we'll both enjoy it! :)
It's good so far but I'm only on page 50.

message 12: by P (new)

P Happy reading !

message 13: by Ashlei (new)

Ashlei McDonald Sweet!

message 14: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Complete entertainment!!!

YOU are a doll!!

Jennifer Seems like the consensus is that Mead's published a few bombs lately. I feel sad for her but I haven't enjoyed her last few books either. Hoping she'll find some inspiration for some great stuff!

message 16: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Sorry it didn't work out for you, Irena! Hope the next book is better! ;) ♡

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Great honest review, Irena! ;) xx

Irena Jennifer wrote: "Seems like the consensus is that Mead's published a few bombs lately. I feel sad for her but I haven't enjoyed her last few books either. Hoping she'll find some inspiration for some great stuff!"

You're right, last few books from her weren't good, and the best thing about Bloodlines were characters.
I hope so too...

Irena Nazanin wrote: "Sorry it didn't work out for you, Irena! Hope the next book is better! ;) ♡"

Thanks Nazanin. :) I hope so too.

Irena Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Great honest review, Irena! ;) xx"

Thank you, Arianna! :)

Dena (Batch of Books) I wasn't crazy about this book either. I didn't continue with the series. However, I do plan on reading The Vampire Academy. :)

Irena Dena (Batch of Books) wrote: "I wasn't crazy about this book either. I didn't continue with the series. However, I do plan on reading The Vampire Academy. :)"

Oh yes, VA would be a shame to miss.
You probably already heard this, but I'll say it anyway: that series gets better with each installment.
And has my all time favorite characters. :D

message 23: by Alp (new)

Alp Great honest review, Irena. Sorry for the miss. xx

Irena Alp wrote: "Great honest review, Irena. Sorry for the miss. xx"

Thanks Alp. It's okay, I still have VA anniversary edition to read, so I'll be okay! :D xx

message 25: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia Best review ever. your horse gifs had me laughing out loud!

Irena Thank you so much, Tricia!
I am glad you liked it!
And that it made you laugh. ;)

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda ChocolatePages I can see why this review got lots of likes and comments. It's a really imaginative way to write a review.

Irena Amanda wrote: "I can see why this review got lots of likes and comments. It's a really imaginative way to write a review. "

Yes, I think reviews with gifs are popular here on GR.

message 29: by Crumb (new)

Crumb This is such an entertaining review to read! Thank you for posting!