Eshusdaughter's Reviews > Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie

Jan 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, mystery, paranormal, read-in-2011

I really wanted to love this book because I have a particular fondness for paranormal lit. However, the characters are only mildly interesting, the plot slow and the dialogue utterly stagnate for the most part. The author took every stereotypical trait associated with psychics and applied them liberally to her main character. Abby's spaciness, her speech patterns and the way she would just rattle off a reading the moment she met someone all annoyed. The phrase "I get the feeling" was repeated so many times if you made a drinking game out of it you'd be drunk by the end of the first chapter.

It's not a bad book but definitely not a great one and definitely not to my tastes. I think fans of light romance and mystery may enjoy this book especially if you can disengage your inner book critic. It's a fluffy read with little substance, which I actually normally like but I have to really connect with the characters in those sorts of books and I didn't connect with a single character in this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye.