Portia Costa's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Recommended for: Lovers of the best possible crime writing.

Magnificent! There's a reason Dame Agatha was called the Queen of Crime... it's because she was an amazing writer. This is my first Christie read, and now I know what all the fuss is about. Her mysteries are just as fascinating on the page as they are on the screen, and Murder on the Orient Express is every bit as fantastic a puzzle to read as it is to view.

I love the wit and subtlety of the writing, the small telling touches that bring to life not only Hercule Poirot but all the other characters. It's all so effortless and captivating.

I'm thrilled to think how many wonderful Christie reads I now have ahead of me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

January 21, 2011 – Started Reading
January 21, 2011 – Shelved
January 21, 2011 –
6.0% "Finally reading some Christie, after dreaming last night that I was Hercule Poirot. Surprised to read the description of him being lean. Immediately substituted the word 'plump' in order to see Mr Suchet's interpretation. :)"
January 22, 2011 –
January 22, 2011 –
January 23, 2011 –
January 23, 2011 –
January 24, 2011 –
January 24, 2011 –
January 24, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I LOVED this book too although I admit to only reading it because I enjoyed the movie :(

Portia Costa I've been a fan of Poirot and Miss Marple on the telly for years and years, but this was my first time *reading* Agatha Christie. Found it quite different to the recent television Orient... more in common with the Albert Finney film. But I enjoyed it immensely in its own right.