Rosie's Reviews > Sworn To Silence

Sworn To Silence by Linda Castillo

This was such a good read. Lately I have been struggling to find a good crime thriller book that keeps me guessing and really in suspense. I'm really glad I stumbled across this one. The pace is fast and there is a lot of suspense. I found the book very difficult to put down. I really liked the main character, Chief Kate Burkholder. She is a strong, independent woman with an Amish background. I enjoyed learning a little bit about the Amish way of life and thought it clever how the author worked this into the storyline. I was never bored at all through the story and I even didn't mind the small bit of romance thrown in towards the end (I normally don't care for it). The crime scenes were described in quite graphic detail, so I probably wouldn't recommend this if you don't like reading that sort of thing. However, I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading the rest in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sworn To Silence.

October 20, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
October 20, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
October 24, 2015 – Started Reading
page 229
October 27, 2015 –
page 280
October 28, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liz Barnsley I love this series but am SO behind.

message 2: by Rosie (new) - added it

Rosie I'm glad to hear you love the series. I'm looking forward to reading more. It's so easy to get behind.. so many books out there to read!

message 3: by Christine (last edited Nov 01, 2015 08:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christine Rosie, so pleased you loved this. It was in my top 3 reads of 2014. It was one of the most unputdownable books I have read. Not sure if you have read these, but other really good thrillers I have recently read include:
Now You See Me
The Surgeon
Silent Scream
Blindsighted
All Good Deeds

message 4: by Rosie (new) - added it

Rosie Thanks for the recommendations! I will definitely check them out. I have noticed that we seem to have similarly tastes and views on books :)

Christine Yes, I'm pretty sure we do, Rosie!

message 6: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Nice review, Rosie!!! I've heard/read nothing but good things about this one.

I'll have to look a little harder at Christine's reccomendations too!!

message 7: by Rosie (new) - added it

Rosie Thanks Mike! It's a good read :)

Brenda Great review Rosie! You lucky thing - you have the rest of the series to look forward to:)

Brenda Christine wrote: "Rosie, so pleased you loved this. It was in my top 3 reads of 2014. It was one of the most unputdownable books I have read. Not sure if you have read these, but other really good thrillers I have r..."

Great recommendations Chris! I've read them all:)

Christine That means you have exquisite taste in reading material, Brenda!! Can you think of 1-2 more to add to that list? Not including those same authors?

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Definitely going to have a look at this series. Nice review, Rosie.

message 12: by Rosie (new) - added it

Rosie Deanna wrote: "Definitely going to have a look at this series. Nice review, Rosie."

Thanks Deanna. I've been reading a lot of crime books lately that I just haven't really enjoyed much. I thought I must have been getting tired of the genre however this one really got me back into it!

Brenda wrote: "Great review Rosie! You lucky thing - you have the rest of the series to look forward to:)"

Thanks Brenda, sounds like it's a pretty good series. I've been looking out for the rest of the books in op shops and things, but no such luck just yet. I think I will just have to buy in kindle :)

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* Liz wrote: "I love this series but am SO behind."

You and me both Liz!

Lovely review Rosie. I must get back to this series.

message 14: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Esplin Added to my TBR pile :)