April Symes's Reviews > The Moonshadow's Daughter

The Moonshadow's Daughter by Kaylie Newell

WOW! This has been the book in the Wolfe Creek series that I have been eagerly awaiting… Aimee’s story. It does not disappoint.
When the series started Aimee Styles’s best friend Maggie came to town to investigate her death when in reality fast forward two years later, Aimee is alive and is now a werewolf. Everyone in the town thinks she is dead—except the chosen few who know of her secret. Aimee plans to keep to herself and not let anyone know she is alive and keep going on the way she is-alone and in self-isolation but she takes ill very fast with what sounds like the flu and the town doctor, who is also a single father , Jake Blackstock ends up treating her for a nasty viral flu bug. Now for those readers who have read the previous books, we met him and his son Daniel in book 2 when they were camping and they had a misadventure. You could tell that the H/h had this instant connection immoderately and the sexual chemistry between them was piquant and sweet.
They had this chemistry and easy flow and when the big scene between them came, my heart broke for Aimee. See, Jake still thinks about his dead wife and has moments when he goes back and thinks a lot about her and compares her to Aimee. And Aimee is a werewolf –that’s gotta be a dealbreaker for any man who has a kid. She is now ready to come back into the living world with people and try to slowly feel her way around and see if she can do it, but only if Jake is with her. At the same thing this is going on, there is an evil force around Jake’s home stalking Jake, Aimee and Daniel. Aimee tries to warn Jake but he doesn’t listen…and before too long a showdown happens. Will the MC come out and have their HEA or will the inevitable happen and Aimee end up alone, without her heart and just back where she when this started? I do not want to give any spoilers away but I have to say, this story made me so mad at times. I could smack Jake for being so stubborn and I wanted to give Aimee a big hug. I loved every page, every glance, every word. This paranormal romance is one for romance novels because it isn’t a cookie cutter type, it is unique and is just the kind I love reading. I hope there will be more in this series. I do wish there was an epilogue to this story where we now how the couple ended up in their lives at least 6 months down the road. That is something I would have liked to have read.

My rating: 4.5 stars ****
***A gifted copy was provided by the publisher for my honest review****
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonshadow's Daughter.

Started Reading