Beverly's Reviews > Walk Through Fire

Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley

First and foremost, Kristen Ashley is the absolute queen of writing. This lady creates unique, engaging stories that pull you in immediately and don’t let go. I have truly enjoyed all her books I have read, but this book just hit me in a completely different way and is definitely one of my all time top 5 KA favorites.

Millie and Logan meet when they are young, in their twenties, and for three years have the most perfect relationship. For the those years they fight, love and grow together. They are soulmates, completely in love and planning to spend the rest of their life together. That is until one day when Millie unexpectedly breaks up with Logan and walks away.

Logan Judd was no longer my business. He’d stopped being my business twenty years ago. My choice. I’d let him go.

Twenty years later Millie sees Logan again and her world stops. Not that she was truly living, but she feels this overwhelming desire to finally confess everything. Logan want’s absolutely nothing to do with Millie. He is still angry and allows his anger to dictate his actions. Millie and Logan battle it out, that’s really the only way to put it. Logan doesn’t trust Millie and after he breaks her down so many times she doesn’t care, she just wants things to end.

This story hit me in the feels more than most and at times was just heartbreaking to read. I know this story is fiction, but with Ashley’s writing I felt it all and my heart. I honestly had to take a break my heart was hurting so bad for these fictional characters, I know I sound crazy, but it’s true.

“I’m done walking through fire for you, High!” I yelled. “I’m done not because I’m done but because there’s nothing left of me to burn. You have it all! You’ve always had it all! I gave up everything so you could have it all! Please! God! Leave me to my nothing!” I swung an arm out to their table “And if you give one single shit about me, ever, make them let me have my nothing!”

Despite the heartache I loved this story so hard. I loved these characters. Millie is one of the most selfless characters I have ever read and I can honestly say I am not sure I could even do the things she did. Logan is hard at first, but once he understands things he is the perfect hero. Ashely completely sold me on Logan and Millie together, they are soulmates and destined to be together.

The story is told perfectly in present time, while reflecting back to key moments in the couples relationship. This way we get to see them fall in love and also see how their lives developed apart. Kristen Ashley is crazy talented and we all love her stories, but in my opinion this story was just more. I loved it and felt every word with my whole heart.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk Through Fire.

October 22, 2015 – Started Reading
October 22, 2015 – Finished Reading
October 24, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I loved this one as well! I am still thinking about it weeks later! xxoo

Beverly Elizabeth wrote: "I loved this one as well! I am still thinking about it weeks later! xxoo"

I agree! xx

Joëlle I love her books!! Great review

message 4: by Carissa (new) - added it

Carissa Fab! review, Beverly.

TeriLyn Great review, Beverly!

Jacqueline's Reads Glad you loved it B!

Brandi Excellent review, Bev! So glad you loved it! <3

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fab review, Bev!xx

Jennifer Kyle Wonderful review Bev Babe!

message 10: by Hajar (new) - added it

Hajar BookLover Great review Bev !! xx can't wait to start this one

Rachel Reads Ravenously Awesome review Bev! xoxo

Theresa Wonderful review! I love KA and have been waiting for this one!

message 13: by Chie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chie Can't wait to read this one..I'm counting the minutes♥

FMABookReviews Absolutely beautiful review, Bev! xoxo

* Meli Mel * Beautiful review, Bev!! <3

Beverly Joëlle wrote: "I love her books!! Great review"

Thanks Joëlle! xx

Beverly Carissa wrote: "Fab! review, Beverly."

Thanks Carissa! xx

Beverly TeriLyn wrote: "Great review, Beverly!"

Thanks TeriLyn! xx

Beverly Jacqueline's Reads wrote: "Glad you loved it B!"

Thanks JR! xx

Beverly Brandi wrote: "Excellent review, Bev! So glad you loved it! <3"

Thanks hun! xx

Beverly Arianna wrote: "Fab review, Bev!xx"

Thanks Arianna! xx

Beverly Jennifer wrote: "Wonderful review Bev Babe!"

Thanks Jen Babe! xx

Beverly Hajar wrote: "Great review Bev !! xx can't wait to start this one"

Thanks Hajar! I hope you enjoy, too!

Beverly Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Awesome review Bev! xoxo"

Thanks Rachel! xx

Beverly Theresa wrote: "Wonderful review! I love KA and have been waiting for this one!"

Thanks Theresa! I love her, too!

Beverly Chie wrote: "Can't wait to read this one..I'm counting the minutes♥"

Thanks Chie! I hope you enjoy it, too!

Beverly FMABookReviews wrote: "Absolutely beautiful review, Bev! xoxo"

Thanks hun! xx

Beverly Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper* wrote: "Beautiful review, Bev!! <3"

Thanks Meli! xx

message 29: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Great review, Bev.

♥Rachel♥ This one gutted me too, Beverly! Loved it. Wonderful review! :)

Beverly Mo wrote: "Great review, Bev."

Thanks Mo!

Beverly ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "This one gutted me too, Beverly! Loved it. Wonderful review! :)"

Right, thanks Rachel! xx

message 33: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Wonderful review, Bev :)

Beverly Pam wrote: "Wonderful review, Bev :)"

Thanks Pam! xx