Jane Stewart's Reviews > Frisk Me

Frisk Me by Lauren Layne

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary-romance

DNF. I just couldn’t get interested. Nothing pulled me in.

Luc and his family are very likeable, but that doesn’t mean the book will be good. There was no chemistry for me. Normally a DNF is 1 star for me, but I don’t want to hurt the authors stats too much for something that might be more about personal preference, so I upped it to 2. This might work better for other readers. I read the first 87 pages and the last 2 chapters.

Ava is a TV reporter doing a story on Luc a NY cop. She has permission to ride along with him on the job for three weeks. He doesn’t want her there, and he doesn’t want to be the focus of a story, but his boss demanded it. I was hoping there would be some witty banter but I wasn’t feeling it.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length: 354 pages. Swearing language: strong including religious swear words. Sexual content: don’t know. Setting: current day New York. Copyright: 2015. Genre: contemporary romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frisk Me.

Started Reading
October 24, 2015 – Shelved
October 24, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
October 24, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Shira (new)

Shira Aha! So it is not enough to create good characters (and a plot)! This makes writing even scarier. But I do not (plan to) write romance, so chemistry may be less important?

Jane Stewart I'd love to talk for half an hour on that subject. But gosh I've no time right now. I may get back to you if things lighten up. :-(

message 3: by Shira (new)

Shira No worries, I understand time constraints! :-) (Sorry I missed this reply...)

ShiraDest