Jamie (Books and Ladders)'s Reviews > The Way to Game the Walk of Shame

The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.5*

That was so cute! I love love love the fake relationship trope but I think this one was one of the best I've read. It felt so natural and I liked that neither of them were really stereotypes. Sure, Taylor was a Good Girl but she was also catty and a bit rude to people. But she was driven and determined to succeed. And yes, Evan was a Player but he also had dreams of his own, he just needed a bit of a push to get there. I was rooting for them the whole time and if you read this one you will definitely fall in love with their love.

I really liked their interactions, the fact that (view spoiler), and the idea that they both had someone else who would have been "perfect" for them if they hadn't screwed up that night. I also like that they acknowledge that things would have been different if they had never met that night. I just liked (almost) everything about this.

I didn't like that while they both had best friends, we never really got to see more of them other than when it was convenient for Taylor or Evan. And then when we did see them, they only talked about Taylor or Evan and their problems. I would have liked to see more interaction between Taylor and Carly, especially about Carly's interest in the theatre, or even more with Evan trying to get Aaron to participate more in football. Just, something, really. I also thought that Brian fell a little flat but maybe that is just because I really liked Evan. But I also didn't like that Brian (view spoiler) I think it worked for his character but it still made me a little sad. I also thought that their relationship could have been fleshed out a bit more instead of being insinuated that they were BFFs but he loved her.

I did really like that the night that started everything was at the end and the contract was in here too! They were cute things to add that gave me happy feelings at the end. Like I said, reading this made me feel like the Grinch after he realized the true meaning of Christmas: my heart swelled three sizes too big. I highly recommend checking this one out when it releases in June!

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way to Game the Walk of Shame.

October 23, 2015 – Shelved
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 2016-release
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 2016-debuts
April 9, 2016 – Started Reading
page 37
12.09% "I'm kinda sad they DIDN'T have sex tbh."
page 40
13.07% "I do like that it is told in alternating povs (at least so far)"
page 57
18.63% "I agree with Carly. She should have just slept with him"
page 82
26.8% "I wonder who is going to break first. *rubs hands together*"
page 90
29.41% "I am DYING of laughter and look so stupid laughing at my computer"
page 95
31.05% "my heart is EXPANDING. I feel like the Grinch after he discovers the meaning of Christmas."
page 118
38.56% "they are cracking at the same time. Yes, good."
page 121
39.54% ""Ready to make out to pretend to be a couple? Oh btws, my mom made you baked goods." -- goals in life tbh"
page 128
41.83% "I think it is smart to have this in alternating povs because we get to see them both fall hard and be like "BUT NAH S/HE DOESN'T LIKE ME LIKE THAT" even though they totes do."
page 170
55.56% "*sighs of contentment*"
page 181
59.15% ":O"
page 189
61.76% "NOOOOO"
page 202
66.01% "oh em gee"
page 225
73.53% "omg Evan. That was like verbal diarrhea"
page 244
79.74% "I am very excited for this ending but also a little scared"
page 261
85.29% "NOOOOOO. JUST LET HER FINISH SPEAKING YOU IDIOT"
page 273
89.22% "MY STUPID BBIES. JUST TALK"
April 9, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)