Peter Meredith's Reviews > Being Conservative from A to Z: An Anthology and Guide for Busy Conservative-Minded People

Being Conservative from A to Z by S.R. Piccoli

What an enjoyable, concise and intelligently written study of conservative thought! Being Conservative from A to Z, by S R Piccoli should act as a primer for those new to conservatism or for those looking to understand what it means to be a conservative.
Along with his own keen insight, Piccoli borrows from such writers as Edmund Burke, Ronald Reagan, Russel Kirk and others in such a choice manner as to create the desire to delve further into the concepts presented.
Every topic from A to Z is dissected with cool deliberation and unassailable facts(All except Q that is. I think we can all agree Q is the weak point here since so few good words begin with Q. The book should have been called: Being Conservative from A to Z except for Q because Q always sucks. But that’s just my opinion.)
My favorite topics that he explored: The manacles of PC thought, the integral part virtue plays in our government, the slavery of welfare, and, just because it was fun, the different types of conservatives found in America. (I especially liked the explanation of the fabled Crunchy Con, a creature as rare Big Foot sightings these days)
All in all a fast-paced, enjoyable book that should be in every school library.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Conservative from A to Z.

Finished Reading