Badass Bloggettes's Reviews > Fusion

Fusion by Tessa Teevan

Oct 22, 2015

I enjoyed reading Fusion very, very much indeed. Soft and fluffy as a cashmere sweater, with the occasioal sting of the price tag, this is a really good romance novel, one full of sweet awww-moments and sprinklled with tears of joy and sadness, but above all it is a celebration of Love in all its declinations.

When Jeremy Banks first meets Sierra Sullivan, they are too young to go to the movies unaccompanied, let alone date. But they are absolutely sure the other is The One.
From that first encounter on the beach, we watch them grow both physically and emotionally; we experience the unwavering force of their pure love and become witnesses to its healing power. In what is probably the best Prologue I've come across so far, Jeremy and Sierra forewarn you about what you are getting into: not an angsty book, neither one full of plot twists. A boring story, more likely. But their willingness to tell their tale called to my heart, and I couldn't help but stop and listen.

In spinning Sierra and Jeremy's story, Ms Teevan actually makes the ordinary extraordinary: all the relevant events in their story are those we all get to experience at some point in our own lives, but they don't feel 'clichey' at all here . Cliches are usually frowned upon as much in literature as they are in real life.... until you are actually living them and you realize that what you are experiencing is special, peculiar, and unique – it's you, you attitude, your lookout on things, that makes all the difference. When I read Jeremy's and Sierra's words, I thought they summed everything up

Jeremy:'You may think you know our story.
And, in truth, you probably do.'

Sierra:'But it's ours and in my book, it's the best story
ever told.'

and it all clicked into place for me. I realized then and there why the book's title is just perfect: it hints to two different entities melding together into one but also to real life being made of fairy-tale moments too. To each of us their own.

Like everybody else on this earth, our lovebirds go through some rough patches; life throws some nasty curve balls at them, and the pain from that hidden price tag is almost overwhelming. a real threat to everything they have been building for themselves and their family. They learn how they can face everything together, and come out on the other side stronger and more 'together' than before.

I have been taught that book beginnings and endings would provide me with a surer way to tell a skilled author from a less accomplished one. Well, if the book's Prologue and Epilogue are anything to go by, Tessa Teevan is here to stay. Good for me because I'm eager to know what life has in store for the Banks' younger generations.

**ARC received for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fusion.

October 22, 2015 – Started Reading