Tim Scherer's Reviews > Ex-Heroes

Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines

Jan 20, 2011

This book could have been so easily 4 stars for me. It was simply too short! I craved more when it was over. I need to know more about these heroes. Their background, their inter-hero romances that never ended up going anywhere, the ones they didn't give us any story to - who is Awesome Ape, Midknight, and Blockbuster? I would absolutely love a prequel to this novel.

One thing is for sure, I love the heroes. Some parts were slightly unbelievable. Sometimes I had the same feeling I get when I watch a terrible horror movie. Girl in running from a killer and passes countless perfect weapons and never stops to use them. Zzzap is a hero that is made of pure energy. He is seemingly indestructable against the zombies. He can fly above their heads and shoot electricity down to their heads to kill them. But he doesn't. Why?! It seems he could clear the streets of LA in a few weeks by himself!

These are all minor gripes to me, but I can see why they would really bother some people. To me they didn't deter too much from the story. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes superheroes or zombie novels. It's such a novel idea to combine the two to me. Double genre for the double dork in you.

Also, I loved this book and I don't read graphic novels, so don't let the assumption that you have to be a comic book person to enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ex-Heroes.

January 20, 2011 – Shelved
January 31, 2011 – Started Reading
February 1, 2011 –
25.0% "So far so good! I'm loving this book, I can't wait to finish it. The heroes are so interesting. There is a superman type hero which is very cliche, but the others are creative. One is a giant robot! Not really sure how that is a superpower, but it's awesome nonetheless."
February 4, 2011 – Finished Reading