Dee Montoya's Reviews > Tomorrow's Lies

Tomorrow's Lies by S.R. Grey

bookshelves: arc, cover-crush, my-fictional-boyfriends, tears-and-more-tears

****4 Heartbreaking Stars****

(ARC kindly provided by author)

Heartbreakingly beautiful story about a couple who found love in a dark place... Not an easy read but so worth it!!!

photo 4d2bd764-b56a-4771-b858-1b951e024ee9_zpst6gjjkau.jpg

Jaynie Cumberland has gone through a very tough childhood. Her mom abandoned her and Jaynie was forced into the foster care system at a young age. She carries a lot of insecurities, after being left behind by every person she's ever loved.

After being hurt yet again, Jaynie feels completely broken and now her only hope is counting down the days until she turns eighteen so she can finally escape the system that's failed her so many times, and start a new life. With only a few months before she becomes of age, Jaynie is placed in a new home that is supposed to be a wonderful place for orphans.

The other kids in this new home are wonderful to Jaynie, especially the beautiful guy that keeps lighting up her days with his gorgeous smile. Unfortunately nothing is what it seems and after the social worker leaves her under the care of her new foster mom, she learns her new reality.This new place turns out to be hell for Jaynie and the other kids, they all have to work very hard to earn meals or any other basic privileges. Being exploited on day to day basis, brings these kids closer and they grow protective of each other, forming a family of their own, because even though they all have been through so much pain, they all have so much love to give.

Flynn O'Neill hasn't been lucky in life either. After his mother died his father turned into a monster and shattered everything in Flynn's life. His pain and grief took him to the streets for a life of misery and after getting caught committing a crime, he's placed in foster care. Flynn is very protective of the other kids in the house. Acting as a big brother to them but from the moment he meets Jaynie he knows she's going to be very special to him.

Flynn wants to help Jaynie heal and he makes it his mission to put a smile on her face everyday, even though they live in a horrible place. A beautiful friendship will blossom into a fierce love between Flynn and Jaynie and together they start making plans for a future. But unfortunately, hate and jealousy from those with more power than them will threaten to destroy everything they have been fighting for.

photo 65a04c08-f0fe-4d6c-aa2a-eef9c989e9f5_zpsbfi8icjf.jpg

From the moment I read the blurb of this book, I knew I wanted to read it. I loved the resilience and beauty of the characters. Jaynie and Flynn fought fiercely for their love and they found a safe haven where only they existed, pushing away all the darkness that threatened to destroy yet again, their most precious things in life, love and family.

All the secondary characters were amazing, bringing a lot of sweetness to the plot and creating the perfect balance between all the sad and happy moments in all of these kids lives. Yes, this is very tough book to read due to all the sensitive subject matter but you'll be mesmerized by the powerful love between all the characters.

I felt satisfied and very hopeful for Jaynie and Flynn at the end of the book and I can't wait to read the next chapter in their story...

"Today's promises are nothing but tomorrow's lies."

photo image.jpg1_zpsgbvgk2qi.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomorrow's Lies.

October 20, 2015 – Shelved
October 20, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 20, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
October 22, 2015 – Started Reading
October 23, 2015 –
100.0% "Sweet ending. I can't wait for the next book. <3"
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: cover-crush
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: my-fictional-boyfriends
October 23, 2015 – Shelved as: tears-and-more-tears
October 23, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

Jacqueline's Reads Enjoy babe!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy reading xx

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Thank you darlings... xoxoxo

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent review, Dee! ;-) xoxo

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Madeleine wrote: "Excellent review, Dee! ;-) xoxo"

Thanks babe! ;)

message 6: by Riz (new)

Riz Sounds intriguing! Lovely review, Dee! :D

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Rizeptiani wrote: "Sounds intriguing! Lovely review, Dee! :D"

Thanks you so much! Great read!!!

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog GORGEOUS review BESTIE BOO!!
xoxoxoxoo

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Beautiful review Dee! :))xx

message 10: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney Amazing Review. Has my interests piqued!

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fab review, lovely!xo

message 12: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Wonderful review, Dee.

message 13: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Wonderful review, Dee! :)

message 14: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading** Such a beautiful review, girl!! <33 I'm definitely now intrigued!!

message 15: by Patrycja (new) - added it

Patrycja Great review xoxo

message 16: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "GORGEOUS review BESTIE BOO!!
xoxoxoxoo"

Thanks honey!! xoxoxox

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya MELISSA wrote: "Beautiful review Dee! :))xx"

Thanks Mel! lovely book.

message 18: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Courtney wrote: "Amazing Review. Has my interests piqued!"

I hope you give it a try. It's a lovely read. Thank you!

message 19: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Arianna wrote: "Fab review, lovely!xo"

Thank you sweetness! xoxo

message 20: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Carissa wrote: "Wonderful review, Dee."

Thank you so much Carissa! xx

message 21: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Brandi wrote: "Wonderful review, Dee! :)"

Thanks honey! ; )

message 22: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya ღSophieღ wrote: "Such a beautiful review, girl!! <33 I'm definitely now intrigued!!"

Thanks Sophie! xoxoxo

message 23: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Patrycja wrote: "Great review xoxo"

Thanks my sweet friend!

message 24: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Excellent review Dee! I'm glad that I one clicked this tonight!!!

message 25: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy Great review my lovely :-) ♥

message 26: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Jen wrote: "Excellent review Dee! I'm glad that I one clicked this tonight!!!"

Awesome!!! I hope you love this book. Thank you!

message 27: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Great review my lovely :-) ♥"

Thank you so much, love!