Sofia The Great's Reviews > Niko

Niko by Kayti Nika Raet

5420503

bookshelves: 2015

4 Platypires for Niko by Kayti Nika Raet

I received a free digital copy for an honest review.

I knew after the first chapter that I was going to like this book. The author does a great job in capturing her readers with an immediate hook. Niko is about a young teen who lives in a post apocalyptic world where Slithers, (monsters but not zombies who eat people) and acid rain have changed the world landscape. Even in this harsh world, Niko doesn't let it faze her. She knows she has to survive and must find her missing brother. It also doesn't hurt that she is a pretty bada$$. A heroine worth Buffy status.
The story is filled with adventure and has a few unexpected twist. Plus the romance might raise a few eyebrows which I liked because I wasn't expecting it. I kinda want to see how it all pans out. Also I liked the fact that the characters were all so diverse but it wasn't apart of the plot which I freaking love. They were just people trying to survive.
Overall, I thought Niko was a good first installment. I can't wait to see where this story goes and would highly recommend downloading the first chapter. I have a high suspicion that it might hook quite a few people.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Niko.

October 19, 2015 – Started Reading