Courtney Conant's Reviews > Asylum Lake

Asylum Lake by R.A. Evans

Jan 19, 2011

I had the pleasure of receiving a copy of Asylum Lake by R.A. Evans for review. I must say that I absolutely enjoyed reading it. It follows the story of not one, but two lives. Brady Tanner is a journalist that has had a very hard life, many ups and downs to account for. He travels back to his family’s old summer home to escape from a tragedy that had struck in his life, only to find more awaiting him. His life is slowly dragged into the path of Ellis Arkema, a previous patient at the asylum on the lake that Brady’s family’s home rested on. Ellis’ life, filled with nothing but misery and dread, ended too soon. Throughout the novel, his soul seeks revenge for what had been done.

While searching for a reprieve from the sadness that Brady was living with, he gets thrown in the middle of a past that was not his own. He must find a way to save all that he holds dear, before time runs out for more than just himself.

Asylum Lake is a gruesome tale filled with trials and tribulations of the mind and the soul. It is a gripping tale that keeps you on the edge of your seat and not wanting to put the book down. The story has many facets and brings much to the table, love, destruction, religion, and death. It is definitely a novel that I would recommend to anyone, especially to those that love a good horror story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asylum Lake.