Julie (*Happily Ever Chapter*)'s Reviews > Second Chance Christmas

Second Chance Christmas by Ellen Butler

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley

While out on a date Emma gets a call from the ER at a local hospital saying her ex-fiance needs picked up. Colton is still recovering from a leg injury he got overseas while working in the military and was in the wrong place at the wrong time during a fight that broke out in a bar. When Emma picks him up she insists he stay with her while he is on the mend. They both have emotional baggage but it isn't long before they start feeling the attraction again.

I thought this one was a little too rushed. They hadn't seen each other in 2 years but instantly start acting like they never had problems or broke up at all. There was a lot of focus on his military career, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would have liked to see the same amount about their actual relationship. They had one short talk about the big blowup fight that ended their relationship and that's it. I thought that was a little strange. She just decided that she forgave him. Okay, but if it is so easy for you to forgive that huge fight now then why didn't you try to get back together sooner?? The really generic nicknames they gave eachother really bothered me too....It just seemed completely out of character for them to call each other Buttercup and Teddy Bear.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance Christmas.

October 19, 2015 – Shelved