Rachael Orman's Reviews > Strictly Business

Strictly Business by Sheryl Nantus

20262564

4 Stars

There were certain parts of this story that I simply adored and part that drove me a bit nuts.

The gamer aspect... LOVED. I loved that it was a different thing they had in common and could connect on that front. I really liked the way she introduced him to the BDSM lifestyle and the way he reacted.

However, I didn't like the way she let her ex rule her. I didn't ever feel like he'd hurt her as bad as she stated he did so maybe that's why. Everyone has their weak points but I just didn't feel like this would've been hers. She'd known their relationship was sort of not working for them so why she was so hurt to find out he'd cheated I'm not sure.. I can see her being upset so much by the way they acted like it was nothing, no argument, not talking about what happened, just let him come and take his things and leave.

I would've really liked to see Kate bend the rules a little. Give in a little with Alex so she could see that there was more there, but it wasn't until the very end that anything really happens between the couple and I think it could've come together a little more smoothly and not so focused on the rules, but that's me.

Overall, I enjoyed it and would read the next in the series.

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strictly Business.

Finished Reading