Jamie (Books and Ladders)'s Reviews > Blood Magic

Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton

liked it
bookshelves: bookoutlet-purchase

I liked the magic portion but the rest was ehhhh. I am probably going to read the sequel or book based on this one or whatever you want to call it, especially since I own it. However, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy this one -- or it's companion.

Read this as part of Summer Series Challenge hosted by Amanda @ Brains Books Brawn!

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Magic.

October 19, 2015 – Shelved
October 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 19, 2015 – Shelved as: bookoutlet-purchase
June 20, 2016 – Started Reading
page 48
11.85% "does this mean that Stietvater's Mercy Falls universe and this one overlap?! can we have a crossover???"
page 104
25.68% "my goal for today was 100 pages so woot ! but also I want to continue reading"
page 132
32.59% "oh-kay I'm like interested but also not. There seems to be a lot happening but at the same time, it's moving slowly."
page 142
35.06% "I do really like that her brother is so heavily involved in this and that she isn't sneaking around trying to figure out her magic -- they are doing it together."
page 156
38.52% "I don't see the point of the diary yet and it's frustrating me a bit? Like I get that it is showing us how someone descends into madness by using the magic but will it actually overlap with the present because if not? I could do without."
page 176
43.46% "this can be technically read as a standalone, right? because it seems like there are a lot more pages for what could possibly happen."
page 194
47.9% "there's the overlap."
page 215
53.09% "I'm getting ... bored? Which doesn't make sense since this should be the thrillng part. but it's happening at like 50% so I know there will be a lull after and I'm already anticipating the boring-ness of the lull"
page 250
61.73% "tbh it's a little confusing that he calls her Lilith and her name is Mary. Because it was like a weird shift? idk"
page 292
72.1% "I should be able to finish this one before I leave work tonight"
page 308
76.05% "well that was kinda obvious...."
page 326
80.49% "these cursive pages take me quadruple the amount of time to read. it's v frustrating."
page 370
91.36% "secretly hoping Josephine wins tbh."
June 20, 2016 – Finished Reading