Karla's Reviews > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Jan 19, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction, 2011, wwii-era, california, hawaii, sports, american, japan, historical, friendship, religous, favorites

From page one I knew this was going to be one of the most remarkable and engrossing reads I ever read, I was right! There should be a 10 star rate made for books that simply are above all others here on Goodreads. Impeccable writting as well as story that will make you believe in miracles and find bliss in forgiveness. A must read so refreshing and real you feel transported. Honestly I feel rewarded to have Louie share his wisdom and how he reached deeply inside himself and found his soul pure and loving. I forgot mention one of the most tense and suspenseful tales I have ever encountered. Hillenbrand is an elegant precise writter that simply has a new fan!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.

January 19, 2011 – Started Reading
January 19, 2011 – Shelved
January 20, 2011 –
page 78
16.49% "Just devouring this book....it's flawless!"
January 20, 2011 – Shelved as: non-fiction
January 25, 2011 – Shelved as: friendship
January 25, 2011 – Shelved as: religous
January 25, 2011 – Finished Reading
February 1, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites

Monica My sentiments exactly, Karla!

Monica Love your review, Karla! I could not agree with you more! It's a life changing book.

Karla Thank you Monica I will rave uncontrollably over this book forever I believe!

message 4: by Kate. (new) - added it

Kate. Your review made me add it to my TBR :)

Karla Oh Kate it's such a rewarding read. I hope you enjoy it!

Mary Thompson Just watched an interview with Angelina Jolie on the Today show. She is producing this masterpiece. As she set out to find Mr. Louis Zamporini, she discovered he lived so close they can see each others roof tops from one another's homes. The interview was so heart felt, i cannot wait to read the book.