Wart Hill's Reviews > Sweetbreads and Sweet Nothings

Sweetbreads and Sweet Nothings by Evelyn Esrig

Oct 18, 2015

bookshelves: buddy-read, fucked-up-shit

This book is about after.

After his partner leaves, disappears completely, Lukas is left floundering. Wondering.

After he finds out that his partner consented to be killed and eaten by another person, Lukas is left horrified and confused. What about the man he loved? How little did he really know about Bernard?

This book is Lukas putting his pieces back together, trying to deal with the ghosts that Bernard's disappearance and death left him with. Trying to find ways to handle all of this that has been heaped upon him. What do you do when you find out your partner left you to be eaten? It's a strange situation, one no one would ever expect to be in, and we see Lukas as he struggles through life in the after.

He has to make peace with Bernard's ghost before he can truly move on and he's grasping at ways to do that.

This book is haunting and heavy and quite a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweetbreads and Sweet Nothings.

October 18, 2015 – Shelved
October 18, 2015 – Shelved as: maybe
October 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 19, 2015 – Shelved as: buddy-read
October 19, 2015 – Shelved as: fucked-up-shit
October 21, 2015 – Started Reading
1.0% "Let's. Do. This."
October 21, 2015 –
20.0% "This is really sad :("
October 21, 2015 –
30.0% "so...I think the blurb is kind of...not the best when it comes to expressing what this book is about? I'll let you know once I get further in but it feels more...more like a psychological journey than OMFG WTF CANNIBALISM?! (but yes there is a cannibal...)\n \n of course that could change"
October 22, 2015 –
45.0% "I got to the video"
October 22, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha ...sweetbreads. Huh... Er. You read it and let me know LOL.

Wart Hill IT SOUNDS SO FUCKED UP

message 3: by MostlyDelores (new)

MostlyDelores (O.O)

Wart Hill ikr? part of me is like "this is so fucked up, I gotta read it!" and another part is like "NO NO NO AVOID"

Kelly (and the Book Boar) You are definitely reading this and we allllllll gonna go "WTF?!?!!?!?!?!"

Wart Hill yes

message 7: by Elsbeth (new) - added it

Elsbeth Oh wow, the courage!!

message 8: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Kļaviņa is it just me or the man on the cover looks a bit like zayn malik?

message 9: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika It's not just you.

Wart, 4 stars huh? Can't wait for the review.

message 10: by Wart (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wart Hill yeah, I quite liked it.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Great review, Wart : )

message 12: by Wart (new) - rated it 4 stars