Jamie (Books and Ladders)'s Reviews > Jerkbait

Jerkbait by Mia Siegert

Actual Rating: 4.5*

One of the best things about Jerkbait was that while it was dark and raw, it was also hopeful and witty -- oh, and super gay! I really enjoyed the look at how young sports athletes feel pressure to be The Best™ and To Succeed™. I also really liked that Tristan was trying to figure out his own shit while also helping Robbie deal with his. I loved how family dynamics were shown in this one.

I loved the writing style. It was so easy to be in Tristan's head and understand his thoughts -- and also why he couldn't quite understand what Robbie was going through. I feel like it was really well done. I also really enjoyed that we were in Tristan's head because I have read a lot of books being in the head of the closeted person who wants to come out but can't and, because we got to see Robbie from the outside, it allowed us to see him as a person before seeing him as his sexuality.

I have like nothing but praise for this one, tbh. I really enjoyed reading it and I would recommend it to everyone. The only thing I was meh about was the (view spoiler) because I thought it was a bit hokey. But it wasn't enough to really take away from my reading, especially since this happened really only at the end.

Pick this one up folks! I really enjoyed it and think everyone will as well.

Read this as part of the #ReadProud Challenge.

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jerkbait.

October 18, 2015 – Shelved
May 26, 2016 – Shelved as: readproud
June 6, 2016 – Started Reading
June 6, 2016 –
page 96
27.43% "douche canoe lolol I thought I was the only one who said that. more proof Mia and I are twins"
June 6, 2016 – Finished Reading