Desirae (Dee)'s Reviews > Ladies Man

Ladies Man by Katy Evans

Oct 18, 2015

liked it

I need to sit and take a breath before I write this review because I'm all sort of worked up. I had really really high expectations for this book, and I honestly don't think that it lived up to them. after finishing saint and Rachel's story, I expect that same type of experience - strong emotions, strong story, emotional pull, fully invested in the story, absolutely addicting. I don't feel like I got that here.

it fell short for me. it just did not sit well with me. we know Tahoe is a ladies man and screws around alot. i knew that going on. but having Gina witness it as she is pining after him, just didn't sit well with me. and he did it for the whole year ,while apparently wanting her.. it just.. doesn't jive. all while she was with a boring meh boyfriend. again.. that doesn't jive with me.

they did build this great friendship, but after a while I was like okay.. she's obsessed with him. I get it. all the while nothing happens between them yet.. he had feelings all along and we never knew because he was sleeping with every woman in town. it got old. all the sudden Bam! he really has feelings for her and it's all good.

finding out why Tahoe slept around originally was surprising and definitely not something I expected. it opened up his character a little. but I still don't feel like we got to know a ton about him or really connect with his character.

I feel like the story of Tahoe and Gina could have been so much more, much like Saint and his turn around for Rachel. it just fell short for me.

*arc received from the author for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ladies Man.

October 18, 2015 – Shelved