Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog's Reviews > Chaser

Chaser by Staci Hart

11973963
“No commitment, no expectations. No dates or gifts. Four weeks, and we’d go our separate ways. The biggest rule we had to keep it a secret.”

5 STARS – Chaser is even better than With a Twist! Cooper Moore is going to leave you begging for more!

Chaser is the second book in the Bad Habits series by Staci Hart. Now while these books all belong to the same series, they can be read as standalones. I recommend really all of them of course and in order! They are so fantastic, why would you want to skip one?

Chaser begins very shortly after With a Twist and this book is Cooper and Maggie’s story. We all felt the sexual tension between these two in With a Twist and now we are going to get the whole story, going back to the very start.

“The rules were everything they were the only way I could guarantee I wouldn’t get hurt again.”

“She took a breath. That breath stole mine.”

Maggie has recently moved to New York. She was betrayed by her maid of honor and fiancée on their wedding day and to make it even worse, it happened at the church. Jimmie is a douche canoe and even that’s putting it nicely. Reeling and unsure of what her future holds she runs away to re-invent herself. What better place to do that in, but in New York and with her brother at her side. Cooper is one of the Habits crew, I loved him in With a Twist but I had no idea how hard I was going to fall for him in this book. COOPER IS MINE.

“Cooper is like the chaser you slam after a shot of cheap vodka. He’s there to wash the taste away after the pain.”

“I’d never seen anything so beautiful and broken. Not in all my life.”

Cooper is the wealthy one in the crew, heir to a billionaire’s fortune. He’s unemployed and just enjoying living The Life. He’s a player and is never lacking for a date nor does his bed ever get cold and lonely. He’s just been named one of W’s twenty-five most eligible bachelors, but this notorious player may have just met his match. Who or what can make a player want to change, when he so enjoys the play? The answer is simple, finding his one and only truth north.

When Maggie and Cooper begin their “arrangement” it seems like a good idea for both of them, safe and risk free. No one is going to get hurt even though they are lying to everyone. There are rules in place and an expiration date, so it’s fool proof right? Are you laughing to at that last statement? Because I am!

“I’ll make you forget he ever existed.”

“Being with Cooper felt good, and I didn’t want to fight it. I’d fought enough lately. Right now I just wanted to coast.”

I loved With a Twist, but Chaser OMFG it was absolutely everything. It was hilarious, emotional, unputdownable, hot, sexy, and sweet. If West made you swoon, you had better be prepared to do it all over again. Cooper made my heart ache, race, and go pitter pat more times than I could count. Maggie drove me a little nuts, but to be fair she did just have her entire world implode around her.

“I wanted the rest of her. I wanted all of her.”

“I looked over at Cooper, and he met my eyes. And in that moment, I decided. I was officially the queen of bad decisions.”

Chaser has everything you could ever want in a romance novel and it does it flawlessly. The writing is superb, the characters relatable and funny, and the story will own you. A series that is equal in humour, heat and feels it will leave you always wanting more. Staci Hart has outdone herself with this second book, because I cherished every single word of this one. Every kiss, tear, fear, insecurity, heartbreak, and laugh made this book unforgettable and romantic. Every woman should have their very own Cooper Moore; I mean seriously this guy is perfection. Maggie deserves a happily ever after so badly, she’s so sweet and has had some very bad luck in the men department, I mean seriously bad luck. West, Lily, Tricky, Rose and Astrid are all back to keep you laughing and their antics will keep you totally addicted. Getting to experience Coopers and Maggie’s story from start to finish was an absolute pleasure and I cannot stress enough that you NEED TO READ THESE BOOKS! Chaser is now on my top reads list for 2015 and I cannot wait for book 3, Last Call. Last call is Tricky (Patrick) and Rose’s book and it’s going to be awesome, I’d bet money on it.

“Those eyes. Those eyes would be the end of me.”

“I wanted to be with him. Everything else was just details.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chaser.

October 18, 2015 – Started Reading