Nicole's Reviews > Paint My Body Red

Paint My Body Red by Heidi R. Kling

bookshelves: netgalley, arcs

4 'meaningful' stars from me

ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review

Something strange is happening in Paige's hometown, one by one teenagers suicide stepping in front of a train.
For that reason Paige's mother is sending her to her dad's ranch in order to prevent another suicide, fearing her daughter will be the next one to attempt it. There Paige will introduce us in a whole new world and she will introduce us Jake the hot and sexy cowboy.

What unexpected and unique story, it captivated me from the first page. The author did a great job she created a strongly and skillfully constructed story based in real facts, where the subject is highly sensitive (teenagers suicide).
I also like the narration referring to the past explaining the facts and of course about the present, this alternation was a fine touch in the story.
The book has interesting characters, Paige's thoughts keeps you in alert wondering (What's going on? What is she hiding??),Ty is really strange character i tried to understand his personality and his choices but it was a little bit difficult.
I must say i fall that i loved Jake's character as the introduction says he is 'full-fledged, hot-as-hell cowboy', i was totally fall in love with him. Such a lovely character! I can't a lot about the story i don't wanna spoil it's way better if read it and learn whats really happening, the only things that i can say its that the story is really suspenseful with some twists a lot of intensity and mystery.
At last i have to say that the author is passing a really good meaning with the her choice of story about teenagers committing suicides, it is
really worth reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paint My Body Red.

October 18, 2015 – Started Reading
October 18, 2015 – Shelved
October 25, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley
October 25, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 2, 2017 – Shelved as: arcs

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Wonderfull review, sweetie!!! :))
This books seems very interesting!!!

Nicole Thank you so much honey!!! Indeed its a very interesting story with a unique and sensitive topic.