Christy's Reviews > Ladies Man

Ladies Man by Katy Evans

4 stars!

photo 0A0B4898-93B2-4F71-9AD7-9CCCA56768B0_zpsd6uhrxef.jpg

“No one is the way they seem. We all hide little pieces, either because we don’t want to be judged, or because we don’t think we’ll be understood, or simply because we don’t want those pieces to belong to anyone but us.”

Ever since I met Tahoe in Manwhore, I wanted a book for him. And seeing the connection and chemistry he had with Rachel’s best friend, Gina, I wanted that book to be with her. I was so happy to hear that it was happening. A Tahoe and Gina book! When it hit my kindle, I started it straight away. The sexual tension was at an all-time high, my emotions were a mess and this book made me smile, laugh, sad and ragey all at once. It was a friend to lovers story (which I love) and even though it is connected to the Manwhore series, it can most definitely be read as a standalone.
“I want to kiss you. I look at you, with those curves of yours and that wild hair and those dark eyes and that reluctant little smile, and I want to crush you against me, fill my hands with your hair and drown in your smell. And I want to kiss you.”

Gina has been friends with Tahoe Roth for a while now. She sees a side of him not everyone else sees. After being friends and being crazy attracted to him for the longest time, she goes for it. One night with Tahoe. BUT as much as Tahoe wants Gina- and you can tell he wants her bad… he doesn’t want to go there with her. Why? Because even though he’d do anything to have her, he doesn’t want to hurt her. I think deep down Tahoe’s intentions were good and I know he has a big heart, but dang… (view spoiler)

There are definite moments of frustration in Gina and Tahoe’s story. Prepare yourself. Tahoe is one of this characters you love hard but will test you. Overall, I did love both of these characters and this story. Katy Evans is a woman who knows how to write and can captivate you with her stories. The love and the build up between these two characters were worth the wait. I loved that Evans made me have all these emotions- I’d rather feel strongly about something than have just a lackluster read any day. This is one book I won’t forget! I was enthralled from the start and I didn’t want to put it down.

If you’re looking for a truly wonderful friend to lovers story with damaged characters, lots of steam and sweet moments, this is one I recommend for you!

photo 5D78FB17-7AA2-4CF5-8DD8-8CBB14958874_zps1uubcjn4.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ladies Man.

October 18, 2015 – Shelved
October 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 21, 2016 – Started Reading
April 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)

aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog How is it so far Christy? Hope it's good just what I thought it should be. I can't wait to keep my hands on this.

Christy aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog wrote: "How is it so far Christy? Hope it's good just what I thought it should be. I can't wait to keep my hands on this."

I like it so far :)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic I am looking forward on your thoughts about it, Christy! :) Can't wait to read Tahoe and Gina's story :)

message 4: by Sharlay (new)

Sharlay Author I need to add this to my TBR list! :)

Quirky Omega Yay, I'd been eagerly waiting for this book's release. Can't wait long enough for your review

⭐ Emerson ⭐ Just purchased this from Amazon! I can't wait to get stated! I'm looking forward to your review, Christy!

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Can this be read as a standalone???

Christy Yay! Happy it's live :) It can be read as a standalone for sure!

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Awesome review sweetie :))

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Terrific review Christy Babe xx

message 11: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Fabulous review, Christy! xo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, hun! xo

Jacqueline's Reads Great review!

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁ Fab review, Christy!

Sabrina Lovely review, hon! Xx

Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Simon~Gianluca & Archer AMAZING review Sweetie!!! :)
I'm with you on why it wasn't a five star read!
xoxoxo

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Perfect review Christy. I could feel all your emotions and frustration ;-)

Rachel Reads Ravenously Great review Christy! xoxo

Beverly Terrific review, bestie! <3

message 20: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Christy! :)

Christy Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ wrote: "Awesome review sweetie :))"

Thanks, honey! xo

Christy Jennifer wrote: "Terrific review Christy Babe xx"

Thanks, sweets! xo

Christy Brandi wrote: "Fabulous review, Christy! xo"

Thanks, Brandi! <3

Christy Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, hun! xo"

Thanks, babe! x

Christy Jacqueline's Reads wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks, J! xo

Christy Lillian Pandalover wrote: "Fab review, Christy!"

Thanks, Lillian! :)

Christy Sabrina wrote: "Lovely review, hon! Xx"

Thanks, Sabrina! <3

Christy Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "AMAZING review Sweetie!!! :)
I'm with you on why it wasn't a five star read!
xoxoxo"

Thanks, lovely! I think it could have been for me but, still a good read! x

Christy Sophie wrote: "Perfect review Christy. I could feel all your emotions and frustration ;-)"

Thanks so much, Sophie! x

Christy Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader) wrote: "Great review Christy! xoxo"

Thanks, Rachel! <333

Christy Lisa wrote: "Awesome review, Christy!"

Thanks, Lisa! x

Christy Beverly wrote: "Terrific review, bestie! <3"

Thanks, bestie! xoxo

Christy Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Christy! :)"

Thanks, doll! xo

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review Honey!! ❤️

Christy Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Great review Honey!! ❤️"

Thanks, lovely! xoxo

message 36: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Wonderful review, Christy! :)

message 37: by Jen (new)

Jen Awesome review, honey! ❤️

message 38: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Terrific review sweetie! xo

Christy ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Wonderful review, Christy! :)"

Thanks, Rachel! xo

Christy Jen wrote: "Awesome review, honey! ❤️"

Thanks, lovely! xoxo

Christy Kirsten wrote: "Terrific review sweetie! xo"

Thanks, babes! <3

message 42: by Mo (new)

Mo Lovely review, Christy.

Christy Mo wrote: "Lovely review, Christy."

Thanks, Mo! <3

message 44: by Shanny (new)

Shanny Fab review Christy!

Christy Shanny wrote: "Fab review Christy!"

Thanks, Shanny! xoxo

message 46: by Wendy'sThoughts (new)

Wendy'sThoughts Yummy Christy!