Eliza's Reviews > Ladies Man

Author: Katy Evans
Release date: 26th April, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

With Malcolm Saint off the market I was more than happy to direct my lusty feelings to his best friend and former wingman, Tahoe Roth. The glimpses I had of him in the two earlier novels were enough to let my imagination run wild with what to expect.

I imagined a gregarious misguided, cocky billionaire with a heart of gold. At worst a charismatic Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street sans the drugs & insider trading. I wasn’t expecting anything other than to fall in love with this book, but fortunately and rather shockingly, I was left feeling underwhelmed.

photo 9B12E2BA-744C-4056-8111-A4A4C6A3E8F4_zpsonldpdeb.gif

Although Ladies Man can be read as a standalone, the notable chemistry between Tahoe and Gina had been simmering throughout the first two novels, and I was very much looking forward to fireworks and passion. Instead I found myself distracted from the promise of a friends to lovers type affair,  by the resentment I felt for all the liberties Gina allowed Tahoe, and then again by the terrible decisions Gina made.

Ultimately I wasn’t convinced by the friendship they circled back to enough to make concessions for them, and sadly I felt Ladies Man did not have the certain je ne sais quoi Manwhore did.

I'm a huge fan of Katy Evans and although this was not a personal favourite, I am looking forward to more from her and the series.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:

TwitterGoogle PlusBlogEmailGoodreadsPinteresttsūFacebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ladies Man.

October 18, 2015 – Shelved
April 24, 2016 – Shelved as: april-2016
April 24, 2016 – Shelved as: more-than-friends
April 24, 2016 – Shelved as: i-pictured-it
April 24, 2016 – Shelved as: i-dont-do-love

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

Lindsey Haisler-Mulcahy So excited

Lindsey Haisler-Mulcahy So excited

Eliza Lindsey wrote: "So excited"

Right?! He's going to be hilarious!

message 4: by Lye (new) - added it

Lye Haha same here

Eliza Lye wrote: "Haha same here"

Is it Summer yet? ;)

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Sorry you were underwhelmed my dear! Hopefully your next KE will leave you swooning. Wonderful review! xx

Eliza Kirsten wrote: "Sorry you were underwhelmed my dear! Hopefully your next KE will leave you swooning. Wonderful review! xx"

I had high hopes, it's a shame! I'm still looking forward to her next novel.xoxo

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Great review, Eliza - seems hit or miss

Eliza Arabella ~♡AB♡~ wrote: "Great review, Eliza - seems hit or miss"

There weren't enough qualities to make it very enjoyable, unfortunately. I've got high hopes for the next book though. Thanks, AB!xo

Natalie Kings Your review summed up my thoughts about this one!Sorry too..Lets be hopeful for the next.x

message 11: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Eliza! Sorry it didn't wow you. :)

message 12: by Elle (new)

Elle Great honest review, love! xx

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Terrific review Eliza! = ))

Sabrina Fab review, darling :D

Eliza Natalie wrote: "Your review summed up my thoughts about this one!Sorry too..Lets be hopeful for the next.x"

Exactly! Fingers crossed for the next! Thanks, Natalie!xo

Eliza Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Eliza! Sorry it didn't wow you. :)"

I'm probably still stuck on Saint! Lol! Thanks, Aisling!xo

Eliza Elle wrote: "Great honest review, love! xx"

Thank you!xo

Eliza SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Terrific review Eliza! = ))"

Thanks so much, Sue!xoxo

Eliza Sabrina wrote: "Fab review, darling :D"

Thanks lovely!xoxo

rheeza Very well said! I was so excited to read this but alas it was underwhelming for me too. :(

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Amazing review honey xx