Cocktails and Books's Reviews > Until I Met You

Until I Met You by S.L. Scott

bookshelves: 2015-reading-challenge, contemporary-romance

This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Let me tell you, UNTIL I MET YOU was a book that completely threw me for a loop.

Jude and Taylor were two people who had been failed by their family and the circle of friends/society they belonged to. The people who were supposed to embrace them and protect them let them each down in spectacular fashion. It wasn't until they found each other at a dinner party that they both began to understand what they needed and exactly what had been missing from their lives.

Taylor's story is sad, but it's Jude that truly pulls at you. She is wronged by just about everyone in her life for unfathomable reasons. And it's not until Taylor that she's shown that maybe she could have more. That someone believes in her. It was truly sad while at the same time touching that a man who didn't think anyone cared about him was the one who showed Jude what it was like to truly be loved.

UNTIL I MET YOU was a different book. The voice was different, the perspective a little different, but SL Scott created a truly charming and heartwarming story of true love prevailing, under the worst kind of circumstances.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Met You.

October 17, 2015 – Started Reading