Andrea's Reviews > Until I Met You

Until I Met You by S.L. Scott

I could sit here all day and talk about Until I Met You. I could talk about my love of Judith Boehler and her feistiness, her strength, her goodness, and her ability to see life in every individual moment. I could talk about my extreme crush on Taylor Barrett. I could talk for hours about how Taylor made my heart skip a beat with his amazing words, his kind heart, his dash of alpha, and his drive.

Then, I could sit and talk to you about Jude and Hazel. The epic love story of two people that should never make sense and do. I could explain why writing those words brings tears to my eyes. How through the words of S.L. Scott I believe. S.L. Scott makes me believe - love is sad, love hurts, love is pure, and love is true.

Judith Boehler is a beautiful soul that despite her suffering, her damaged heart, she believes. She is the girl that sees the good, sees the positive, sees the possibility in every moment, and lives for those moments. Jude is the girl that wears sundresses in winter. The girl that eats ice cream in the snow. Jude is the girl that believes by looking into the eyes of the man that steals her heart that goodness is real.

Taylor Barrett is a kind man. A man that has been handed a crappy hand in life and is simply going through the motions. He isn’t sad and he isn’t angry, he is just there in life. That is until fate resets his hand and he is handed Jude. As he becomes her Hazel, he comes back from the dark place he’s been hiding and comes to see the light. Jude is his light. Through her he sees life in the moment, not in the masses. No, Taylor becomes Hazel, seeing his life through Jude’s eyes he learns to live and love with all he has.

Full of emotions Until I Met You will remind you that no matter where you are in life, no matter how much suffering you have faced in your past, today is a moment and you can choose to live it or let it pass you by.

I consistently shed tears as I watched two people I fell in love with break and suffer. The tears never stopped as I watched two broken hearts find their way back to being whole. As I type this I have tears in my eyes. As I type this I miss Jude and Hazel and the all-consuming and unapologetic love they have for one another.

His life.
Her life.
He needed to save someone as much as he needed to be saved.
She needed someone to save her and let her save him.
Ultimately both learned accept to that there is no saving, only living.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Met You.

Started Reading
October 16, 2015 – Finished Reading
October 18, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Serena Great review Andrea!!!