Christina's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

liked it
bookshelves: 2016-wedding-challenge, science-fiction-fantasy

Phoebe is whisked away to Serfopoula, a tiny island in Greece no one's ever heard of, when her mother decides to marry again. Phoebe is forced to leave behind her best friends Cesca and Nola, for a year. She's counting down the days she can return home so she can go to USC and do what she does best, running. When she attends the Academy at her new home, she finds out it's not the most typical school out there. For starters, the students are all descendants of gods, while she is singled out as a kako aka bad blood.

I picked up Oh. My. Gods. because I really enjoy reading about mythology. The book mostly depicted normal high school life, except you wouldn't really call it normal when the kids attending are all descendants of Greek Gods. I felt the bulk of the book dealt with high school drama of trying to belong and mean girls. I didn't see the point of Adara being Griffin's girlfriend. She was absolutely pointless. The deal that was made with Stella to break up Adara and Griffin made me roll my eyes. Everything was predictable in the romance department. However I really enjoyed Phoebe's passion for running and I liked the twist that revealed Pheobe's ancestry. A decent contemporary with elements of mythology.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

October 18, 2015 – Shelved
February 19, 2016 – Started Reading
February 19, 2016 –
7.0% "Phoebola is an interesting nickname... It's saddening that Phoebe has to leave her two best friends just because her mother is getting married"
February 22, 2016 –
30.0% "As with all schools there are cliques... I wonder why Nicole is being so secretive about where she belongs"
February 26, 2016 –
62.0% "I really can't figure Griffin out. Adara is such a bitch. What does he even see in her? Such a pet peeve of mine"
February 26, 2016 –
90.0% "If Troy's bracelet didn't help her win on the field, what did??"
February 26, 2016 –
100.0% "Griffin couldn't control his powers and feelings for Phoebe so he tangled her shoelaces back then? Worked out nicely but what was the point of Adara? Hmph. I liked the twist that Phoebe turned out to be a descendant of Nike, the goddess of victory. It's sad that her father literally died for football because he was abusing his godly powers"
February 26, 2016 – Finished Reading