Wendy Clark's Reviews > A Viking's Peace

A Viking's Peace by Zoe York

liked it
bookshelves: sfr

I was so excited about this book! Vikings in space?! They reconstructed a whole world according to Viking lore and even have "unicorns" and "dragons," alien fauna that happen to conform to Earth ideals(?). But like these mysterious fauna that are mentioned but never actually seen, the idea of this book is way more awesome than the actual story.

The heroine is a young officer on a trade negotiation mission to the Viking world. The hero is a divorced prince/scientist who wants to ensure that the negotiations get the medicine (?) their world needs without opening them up to Earth exploitation (?). If they give in to their mutual attraction, both king and military will be pissed (?). And if the heroine decides to follow her heart and marry the prince, she will have to give up her promising military career (?) to stay on the Viking world.

Notice the number of question marks in the previous paragraphs? Yes. I spent most of this book being confused.

It's excellent writing. But it oddly felt like "Book Five" or something, where all the information has already been shared, and the reader already ought to know what's going on. (view spoiler)

I bet this author is great with sports romance or contemporary. I can't read another Zoe York sf because I will drop dead of disappointment.

5 stars for ability to write, 1 star for confused plot and skipping all the good parts = 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Viking's Peace.

Started Reading