Angie McLain's Reviews > Last Call

Last Call by Staci Hart

11973963
5 STARS – Last Call is perfectly emotional, sexy and funny! I fell in love at first page!

“I felt that pull to him, in the moment. His eyes always did that to me – I swear if he looked hard enough, he could see straight through me.”

“Outside, she was cool and confident. Inside, she was on fire.”

I feel like it has been forever since I read Chaser, when in actuality it’s only be a few months. I was just far too excited about getting Rose and Tricky’s story. Last Call is the third book in this series and I had the honor of reading an early copy. Let’s me just say to start, that this book was well worth the wait, every minute of it!

The Bad Habits crew have all had their own books, Lily and West and Cooper and Maggie. Now in Last Call we find out what really happened between Rose and Tricky all those months ago. Rose and Tricky both still have feelings for each other, that much is glaringly obvious, what remains totally unclear is why are they not together. We do find out eventually the reasoning but I must be honest in saying that to me it seems just silly. These two are perfect for one another and everyone but them seems to see that, except for them. Their friends are starting to lose patience waiting for them to sort out their issues; so they are going to just give them a just a little nudge…

“That day – the day I walked away – was one of my greatest mistakes, and I’ve made more than my share. It’s the only one I counted as regret.”

“How do you move on when she’s the only thing that feels right.”

Rose is hilarious, quirky and she tells it the way it is. She’s a bartender and has been for quite some time at the crew’s favorite hangout. She likes her job and the money is good. Tricky is a tattoo artist at one of the best shops in NY. He is an amazing artist and his job allows him to work while feeding his passion. When Rose decides that it’s time to finally start dating again, she is nervous, Tricky is too. Rose still has feelings for Tricky, he’s not made any attempts to hide the fact that he wants Rose back. Rose however is not ready to forgive and now on, she just wants to forget and move on with someone new. Lucky for Tricky online dating can be a terrifying experience *insert laugh track*. At least when Rose attempts it anyway.

“I don’t trust myself around him.”

“I knew what nothing felt like, and I never wanted to go back to that.”

Getting this third book is bittersweet for me, because for as excited as I was to get my greedy little hands on it, at the same time I was sad. I’m not sure if Staci Hart has any plans to write any more books in this series and I’m not ready to say goodbye to the crew yet. This series are the first books that I’ve read by this author and now I’m hooked. I loved all of the characters. I fell in love with Lily, West, Maggie, Cooper, Rose and Tricky, I would be totally excited to read more, hint, hint…Staci Hart are you reading this?

Staci’s style of writing is fabulous, her writing is amazing, and the humor, drama, and romance that she fills her stories with are seriously addictive. I was hooked from the moment I began With a Twist and Chaser only served to fuel my addiction. Last Call was just as fantastic as the previous books, revisiting the characters that I was already in love with was so much fun. The sexual tension between Tricky and Rose was delicious. Tricky is not only super sexy and seriously hot but crazy sweet and thoughtful. No wonder Rose is having a hard time getting over him. I wanted him all for myself.

If you have not yet read this series, I cannot stress to you enough, YOU NEED TO! I fell in love with Staci Hart and her stories, she is now an auto click author for me, I’ve added all of her other books to my TBR and I cannot wait to read them. The Bad Habits series is now one of my all-time favorites and I loved it from the very start. My only hope is that we have not seen the last of the crew, I still want more. Don’t judge me, you know I’m a greedy reader!

“Forget all of the moments before or after. In that moment, we were perfect and whole.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Call.

October 17, 2015 – Shelved
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: laugh-out-loud-funny
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: laughed-my-ass-off
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: must-reads
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: panty-melter

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Devika i finished and absolutely love love love tricky...