Sarah's Reviews > Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood

Jan 18, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-2011, sold-or-given-away
Read from March 23 to 25, 2011

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood is the classic tale of getting revenge in high school. It's full of the key points to any modern high school revenge story: popularity, backstabbing, and, of course, revenge; but with its own unique twist. It's an engaging read topped off with great writing, an addictive plot, and lots of humor-there were several times I laughed out loud while reading, something that rarely happens for me.
The first thing that drew me in was the cover. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it because 1.) it fits the story perfectly on so many levels and 2.) I found it incredibly amusing and hilarious. That and the summary (loved it!) had me hooked. I wanted this book so much, and was so happy to have finally gotten it.
I loved the story Eileen Cook created. It was fast paced and never boring, exactly how I thought it would be. Other than being a tad predictable, the plot was wonderful. Helen (or Claire, as she is known by her classmates) wants to make sure Lauren gets what she deserves for what she did to her in eighth grade. When she moves back to her old town and high school, Helen decides to get her revenge; And, as she gets closer to Lauren's inner circle, she realizes she's not the only person who thinks Lauren need to be knocked off her pedestal.
Helen was a good character. I loved watching her grow and change as a person. She was smart, funny, realist, and managed to get it together after the horrible incident in eighth grade (which I admire her for).
**Edit. I forgot to mention how much I loved Helen's revenge plans. They were HILARIOUS.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood.

03/23/2011 page 95
08/15/2017 marked as: read

message 1: by Nomes (new)

Nomes Oh ~ what an awesome review. I read another one of Eileen Cook's books and it was really funny and entertaining :)