Badass Bloggettes's Reviews > Admission

Admission by Kaithlin Shepherd

Oct 16, 2015

4.5 Stars

OH what a good time I had reading this book. Mystery/suspense and romance are my favorite reading genres and Ms. Shepherd did a great job mixing romance and suspense.

Admission is book 1 in the Brass series. If Admission is an example each book stands alone and focuses on one couple’s story. In this story we are following the careers and romance of Assistant US Attorney Savannah Walker and DEA Noah Johnson. Savanah is in love with Noah and has been since her teens. Noah is the brother of Savannah’s best friend. The chemistry is there and her circle of friends (including Noah) know how Savannah feels. However, she lives with the fear that acting on her attraction has the potential of breaking up friendships.

The cast of characters are fun to be with during their down time and full of suspense when they are on an op. The core characters are close friends who all turned out to make law enforcement their career.
In this segment of the story we have Savannah thrown together with Noah and Connor on a big case trying to prosecute drug kingpin Matias Vazquez. The is dangerous for Savannah in so many ways that include emotionally because she has to spend so much time with Noah fitting her feelings and also because Matias is happy killing anyone who tries to fight him.

The suspense is nerve wracking. There are some very interesting twists and turns that surprised me. The author does a fantastic job with Savannah’s character portrayal. She is a very smart, strong woman with goals and aspirations. She fears missing out on true love but fights hard for her friends. The same with Noah. He is a very brave man who puts himself on the line for his friends. I love him but he does get a virtual slap in the face a couple times in the story.

Ms. Shepherd shows her skills at writing romance with a lot of suspense and thrills. This is a roller coaster ride at times. There are scenes that make me angry with either Savannah or Noah or both but isn’t that the sign of a good writer. I enjoy the ride. In fact, I fell in love with all of these characters, their close relationships, and their careers. I can’t wait to read more about them.

ARC received for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Admission.

Started Reading