Wil Loves Books!'s Reviews > Rookie Move

Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: arc, on-kindle

“4.5 I Love Leo Trevi Stars!!!.

“She tasted like the happiest years of his life. She tasted like his.”

Ahhh Trevi! How much do I love you, Leo Trevi! So, here’s the deal, I love Sarina Bowen’s books and I live second chance romances and this book is both. So, I totally loved this book. If you’ve read The Ivy Years, then you’re somewhat familiar with Leo Trevi. He played college hockey at Harkness and his brother DJ was the hero in The Fifteenth Minute, which btw is one of my favorite books of 2015. Anyways, since I’m a huge fan of the Ivy Series, I was super looking forward to Rookie Move.

Rookie Move reunites Leo with his high school sweetheart Georgia. If you read The Fifteenth Minute you got some background on Leo and Georgia. If you didn’t, no worries, everything is explained here. So Leo is finally making his debut in the NHL with the Brooklyn Bruisers, and Georgia happens to be the team’s PR manager. When they see each other again, sparks fly. Poor Georgia has a ton of issues from her past (and present) she needs to overcome, but her feelings for Leo are definitely still there. She isn't my favorite heroine of Sarina's but I didn't dislike her. And Leo, OMG Leo, is the swooniest!

“If you want to keep breathing, don’t ever call the love of my life a bitch.”

I loved Leo, for me, he made the book. I loved his conviction that he and Georgia needed to be together and that it was a fact that would happen. Super loved him!

“He and Georgia were going to get back together and stay that way. Maybe she didn’t quite realize it yet, but it was clear as ice to him. Their spark was still there, and stronger than ever.”

So, I absolutely loved almost everything about this book. The only reason why I didn’t rate this one 5 starts is because of all the references to Georgia’s heart. They were very, um, Anastasia from 50 Shades like. For example:

“Her heart rolled around in her chest like a milkmaid in a haystack.”

Besides that, this was an amazing read. Sarina is one of my automatic one-click authors and she definitely doesn’t disappoint. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series!

“You and I don’t have one-night stands. We have forever night stands.”

Wil

**An ARC was generously provided by Berkley Romance in exchange for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rookie Move.

October 16, 2015 – Shelved
October 16, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
September 5, 2016 – Finished Reading
October 2, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
October 2, 2016 – Shelved as: on-kindle

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

JewelsyGoolsy Terrific review Wil! Totally agree with your observations :)

Wil Loves Books! JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Terrific review Wil! Totally agree with your observations :)"

Thanks!

Heather C Great review! The second quote was my favorite line out of the entire book. I love Trevi!

Wil Loves Books! Heather wrote: "Great review! The second quote was my favorite line out of the entire book. I love Trevi!"

Right? Trevi is so freaking swoony!!!

message 5: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya Awesome review!!!

message 6: by Cyndi (new) - added it

Cyndi Great review! Were they both with others during separation and was Leo a manwhore?

message 7: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Wil! :)

message 8: by NMmomof4 (new) - added it

NMmomof4 Do I need to read the other series to follow? Great review, btw ;)

Wil Loves Books! Nancy✦SteamyReadsBlog✦ wrote: "I love second chance romances and Sarina Bowen. Still have to read this one. Great review! :)"

Thanks!

Wil Loves Books! Dee wrote: "Awesome review!!!"

Thanks Dee!

Wil Loves Books! Cyndi wrote: "Great review! Were they both with others during separation and was Leo a manwhore?"

Not in this book, no. There isn't a lot of background about what they did during the separation although there are references about him dating the wrong girls, bimbo/puck bunny types. If you read the Ivy Years, especially The Fifteenth Minute he has a different girlfriend, who makes a cameo here, but nothing happens between them, he's all about Georgia.

Wil Loves Books! Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Wil! :)"

Thank you!

Wil Loves Books! NMmomof4 wrote: "Do I need to read the other series to follow? Great review, btw ;)"

Not really. It can totally be read as a standalone. But Ivy Years is a great series.

message 14: by NMmomof4 (new) - added it