Dawn Altieri's Reviews > Playing With Fire

Playing With Fire by Alison Bliss

Playing with Fire is the follow-up to Alison Bliss' debut, Rules of Protection. For the most part, you can read it as a standalone with no problem, but why would you want to miss out? Do yourself a favor and read Rules of Protection, 'cause that one's awesome, too!

Anna is hiding from something, but we're not sure what it is at first, all we know is she's terrified of fire and the simmering feelings she's had for Cowboy for roughly ten years. When she somehow manages to catch the playboy's attention, she's certain he's interested in one thing only. And with someone dangerous out to find her, she has no need for his antics before it's time for her to run again.

Cowboy's been waiting for something meaningful to come into his life, but he certainly hasn't been sitting at home alone while he waits. Now his reputation is coming back to haunt him as the one woman he truly wants constantly pushes him away. But when he finds out she's in danger, there's no getting rid of him!

Cowboy and Anna are great together, and just like in her first novel, Alison Bliss tells their story with humor, suspense, and heat worthy of a true Texas firefighter! This is a fun read that at times will have you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend it!

PS - I hope we'll find out Cowboy's REAL name soon! Maybe in Judd's book??? ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing With Fire.

Started Reading