Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Tarnished

Tarnished by Erica Chilson

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second in a series - and would make more sense if you read Rusty Know first, and why would you not, as that is a really good read too.

I read about this town and its inhabitants with a level of incredulity, yet recognising that such things surely do happen. An eye opener for a fairly sheltered Brit as I am. I find it fascinating and disturbing as a background to an amazingly deep and honest love story. The story drags you in and it is impossible not to find yourself seeing the charcaters in front of you, as they are brilliantly described and brought to life. A life that mixes every day with a mission to make life better. Royce is not your standard hero, and Willa isn't your usual romantic heroine, but together they tell a story which grabs the heart and which has you rooting for them through the darkness. The other characters also get their say in how life evolves in Rusty Knob, and I await some of their stories with great interest. There are some major surprises, which have you reconsidering your dislike of some, and possibly reinforcing it for others. Compulsive reading at its best!

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tarnished.

Started Reading