Tim Scherer's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Jan 18, 2011

I actually really liked the finale of the Millenium Trilogy. It was interesting from the get go and difficult to put down during the last 200 pages. The only qualm I could really see people having with it was it was not terribly suspensful. There was no huge problem to overcome in this book as oppose to the first 2 in the series. There was no point in time where you ever really worried about the characters or wondered if they were going to get out of it unscathed. Personally, I kind of enjoyed that more friends showed up to aid Blomkvist and Salander. It wasn't them against the world in this novel. I can see why people would believe this reduced amount of conflict leads to a lesser work - but I liked it, and I rate based on how much I enjoyed reading the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

January 18, 2011 – Started Reading
January 18, 2011 – Shelved
January 20, 2011 –
page 100
17.76% "So far it's a little slow. I'm having trouble getting into the background information of the secret police. Tons of new names and Swedish terms thrown into the fray in a matter of 20 pages. Difficult to follow so far..."
January 25, 2011 – Finished Reading