Llaph 's Reviews > Divine Descendant

Divine Descendant by Jenna Black

liked it
bookshelves: woo-woo, kindle, kick-ass-heroine

I had read somewhere that this book was to be the last in the series. The ending however has left it open for another book to follow. I'm curious to see what comes next if so.
This isn't my favorite of the series though I still liked it. The tension between Nikki and Jamal seemed to be resolved so quick it felt like I might've missed something in their relationship evolution or something. I kinda missed that tension that bounced between them.
I am *really* glad that there was no love triangle after the hints in previous books. Anderson ... is just creepy and at times seems like a father figure. Well, he was until this book. In taking his heritage into account he acted, in both the past and present, like a son of a fury would.
That doesn't mean his reactions weren't horrible or bad, just that they fit his nature exactly.
The lore behind the sisters and the altars they tended was an interesting concept. Black did a good jod when she created her characters. They all weren't all good or all bad all of the time.
I wish that Nikki was a little more kick butt than she is. Right now it still feels like she just stumbles into a resolution or winning a fight rather than earning it with brawn or intelligence.
I will read the next book, if there is one, but I'm not totally sure if I I will rush out to buy it and read it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Descendant.

October 15, 2015 – Shelved