Badass Bloggettes's Reviews > Lovestrong

Lovestrong by Nikki Groom

Sheena's Review:-

Emotional, Heart overwhelmingly good.

I was given this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The third book in The Kingdom Series (Holding Aces & High Stakes)

You can read this as a standalone book, however, I believe it is better to read the first two books as it will give you a better insight to all the characters and the story as it played out.

I was so happy to find out we were finally getting Lottie and Spike’s story and how their relationship would survive after horrible circumstances.

This was a heart wrenching story, I don’t mind admitting that from the beginning to the end I had tears constantly in my eyes with the struggles, heartache and determination these two have, not to mention the unconditional love which flows through them and onto each and every page.

Spike who is terribly injured thinks he is doing the right thing by pushing Lottie away, after all she is so energetic, a force or nature so to speak that he feels he cannot drag her down and hinder her life with him stuck in the position he is. Lottie is devastated and heartbroken and at the beginning so stubborn to show Spike she can deal with things, however, as time went on, the more Spike felt he was doing the right thing by pushing Lottie away from him. Lottie does the only thing she can and decides to move half way across the world to London to try and find a new life. NOOOOOOO I heard myself say numerous times but yes she did.

Although Spike was distraught he always made sure that Lottie was looked after. What he didn’t want to admit to anyone not even himself was how much he loved Lottie and how much he missed her. He was a typical stubborn man who was scared to admit to his true feelings and I loved him for that but was also very angry with him for doing that to Lottie.

The torment these two went through was heart-breaking, you could see how much they meant to each other but also how they struggled to just admit this to each other and to be with the other person because they thought they were doing the right thing!

I loved how the author brought into this story the characters from the other two books and combined everyone together, it was great and left so much room for any future novella’s or books from this clan.

A great read

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lovestrong.

October 15, 2015 – Started Reading