Splage's Reviews > Rock Hard

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

The rock-n-roll lifestyle...tour bus orgies, fanatical groupies willing to do anything to please, big egos, sexy and possessive men who like to experiment and get it on non-stop and lots of hot bandmates, Rock Hard has it all. I loved the book from beginning to end and I am so glad I took the chance on it after not being thrilled with the first book in the series. The whole rock and roll theme is so appealing, I love to imagine how they exist on the wild side. Olivia Cunning portrayed it beautifully and I think realistically.

What drew me in to this story were the characters, Sed and Jessica. Their personalities were explosive especially around each other. When they fought they were ruthless to each other and they loved violently too. The first 3 pages hooked me! (view spoiler) The fireworks continue and Sed's caveman tendencies regarding Jess resurface; so does the sexual chemistry. There were definitely some very creative sexual positions, I think one time she was hanging upside down... let's just say it was very inventive and satisfying.

Even though the sex was hot and there was a lot of it, I didn't feel it was overkill as in some erotica I have read lately. The author does a very good job of giving erotic details in the beginning when it is new and exciting and then tapering the length and details later in the book where it sometimes gets monotonous. Even though it was the wild party life of touring there were many issues and conflicts to overcome in the story; addiction, sexual harassment, medical issues, as well as, foreshadowing of possible secrets that will be uncovered in future books. The ending was fabulous too! I won't give any hints except to say it warmed my heart, made me smile, it was very thoughtful and satisfying.

If you loved the first book you won't be disappointed in Sed and Jessica's story and if you were like me about Book 1 take a chance on this one. Side note- I love the rockstar names, especially the lead singers of other groups mentioned (possible stories in the future- hopefully), Sed Lionheart, Dare, Maximilian... how cool are those.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

January 18, 2011 – Shelved
March 26, 2011 – Started Reading
March 26, 2011 –
0.0% "Came in mail today, must have released earlier than scheduled 4/1. Can't wait to read,the cover is really hot!"
March 27, 2011 –
1.0% "Wow, what a blast off! Finished 1st chapter, 3 pages!!!, it is looking back on Sed and Jessica's relationship and there is going to be fireworks! This is the way I like a start."
March 28, 2011 –
50.0% "This is the rock life, at least how I picture it in my mind."
March 30, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-read
March 30, 2011 – Finished Reading
March 31, 2011 – Shelved as: 3rd-party-mistress-boyfriend-girlfr
March 31, 2011 – Shelved as: hero-heroine-famous-person
November 20, 2011 – Shelved as: rock-and-roll-baby

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Kathleen I'm going bonkers waiting on this book. I have to have it in ebook though. Only 5 more day's. I'll be waiting to see what you rate it. The other review are fantastic so far :)

Splage I know I am in the minority, but I really didn't love the first one because of the hero. I love the rock star premise though and the reviews are promising for this one . I will let you know and can't wait to see your thoughts.

Kathleen Splage wrote: "I know I am in the minority, but I really didn't love the first one because of the hero. I love the rock star premise though and the reviews are promising for this one . I will let you know and c..."

Thanks Splage

KatLynne Splage, do I need to read the first one or can this be read as a stand alone?

Splage I think #2 can be a stand-a-lone because I can't even remember what happened in it except I didn't like the H/h together and it didn't feel like a real rock environment, I have no idea what the story was though. This one is exactly what I think the rock world is like. The H/h from first book are in it getting married.

Kathleen KatLynne, I think it best to read Backstage Pass first as the characters are all reoccurring and in Backstage Pass you get a feel for all the band members.
Splage, 4 more day's for me and with your last update I'm going even more bonkes waiting, hahahahaha

Splage Kathleen wrote: "KatLynne, I think it best to read Backstage Pass first as the characters are all reoccurring and in Backstage Pass you get a feel for all the band members.
Splage, 4 more day's for me and with you..."

It is really good!! I tried to stay awake to finish last night, but I was seeing double. Will finish today. KatLynne, Probably good advice on reading 1 first because of all the other band members.

KatLynne Thanks ladies. I will read book #1 first but can't wait to read this one. Great review Splage.

KatLynne A great review Splage. Took your and Kathleen's advice and read BP before reading this one.

Jolyn Just started this one and loving it!!

Jolyn uh oh!! Does this one have menage??

Splage Yes I think it does, but I read it so long ago.

Jolyn Oh nuts!!