Shannon Thompson's Reviews > The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

bookshelves: favorite-series, great-ya

A psychic’s daughter, a fated ghost, a mysterious murder, and four rich boys searching for a long-lost treasure? (A treasure that is actually an immortal Welsh king on a ley line?) YES. Super yes.
I loved this mythological tale, especially as the magic became more and more bizarre, even though it existed in our modern-day society. It was flawless and imaginative, the kind of supernatural beauty every paranormal book should have. The humor was on point, too. On top of that, this “paranormal romance,” allowed the “romance” to take a back seat for a bigger storyline, something I thoroughly enjoyed. The overall air of mystery and intrigue and danger was perfect, and it allowed the characters to come together seamlessly. Every character—much to my delight—stood on their own two feet, and one of the MAJOR twists about one particular Raven boy was a total shock to me. (How are these books tricking me so much?) It was a delight.
I loved Blue, the heroine of The Raven Boys, and I must say, I’m very much rooting for Dick…I mean, Gansey. ;)
Picking up this sequel soon!
~SAT
Recommended to: Fans of mystery books, treasure hunts, the paranormal, humor, and Welsh mythology. Light romance readers will still enjoy the tension.
Favorite Quote: What she wanted was to see something no one else could see or would see, and maybe that was asking for more magic than was in the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Boys.

October 14, 2015 – Shelved