Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦'s Reviews > Crashed Out

Crashed Out by Tessa Bailey

4.5 STARS

Crashed Out is exactly why I LOVE Tessa Bailey’s books! It’s lusty, funny and filled with lots of real emotion and heart. And an older woman/younger man theme? YES, PLEASE!!

I SWOONED over Sarge. He left town years before as a shy, introverted teenager and has now returned to town a rock star. He has come back to visit his sister and her child and take a break from the pressures of band life. But even though he is now famous, he has never forgotten his older sister’s best friend, Jasmine. He has been in love with her since he was young, but she never paid much attention to him. But now…well, let’s just say things have changed a LOT since Jasmine last laid eyes on Sarge!!

“But television-size and life-size were two very different things, apparently, because Sarge had been remodeled from a one-story colonial into a big brick mansion.”

Jasmine resists Sarge’s attention but he pursues her relentlessly (thank God). He is sexy…intense…sensitive…just totally irresistible. Much of the fun of reading a Tessa Bailey book is the trademark dirty talk and boy, does she deliver here. My word. Sarge is EVERYTHING!! And he writes music!! As for Jasmine, I absolutely adored the fact that she was quite a few years older than Sarge and was filled with insecurities. Why would Sarge be interested in her? After all, he could have anyone he wanted. But he has never forgotten the girl he left behind, and he is bound and determined to make her forget their age difference:

“No more fixing me sandwiches. No more ruffling my goddamn hair.” He reached down and grasped her hand, bringing it to the back of his head, moving it in a messy circle. “If I ever feel your fingers in my hair again, they’d better be pulling my face closer to whatever I’m licking.”

I also loved how Sarge encouraged Jasmine to pursue her dreams, and as with all of Ms. Bailey’s stories, family plays an important role here. Crashed Out has turned out to be one of my favorite books by Tessa Bailey. I cannot wait for more stories in this series. I highly recommend Crashed Out if you love an uber-sexy, steamy story with plenty of heart!!

(ARC provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crashed Out.

October 14, 2015 – Shelved