Jenny's Reviews > The Forgotten Locket

The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum

Jan 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: books-girls-would-enjoy, romance, series, young-adult-teen, fantasy

I was a bit disappointed in the last installment of this trilogy. I am not sure why exactly but there were a few things that bugged...

I missed the present...too much of the story was set on the bank and in Dante's Italy.

Natalie's names was mentioned only twice and many characters were simply alluded to near the end...seemingly just to "wrap things up."

I am not sure why it was called the Forgotten Locket...I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see that it was forgotten.

While I enjoyed every bit of the first two, I found myself enjoying bits and pieces of this one, then wishing I could just hurry and finish at other times.

Things seemed to just get wrapped up a little too quickly and neatly.

I still love Dante...and Valerie is definitely the most interesting character! Love her!

I look forward to Lisa Mangum's next book. I think she is a creative story teller...I just wish the ending to this series was a little more satisfying...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Locket.

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Hmmm. Since I wasn't overly enthused by the first two books, I'll take your lukewarm review as an indication that there's no need for me to try to find a copy of this any time soon. :(

Jenny Yeah...It was too bad because I did like the first two. There are definitely some really good things in the book, but just knowing there is a happily ever after for pretty much everyone will probably be enough for you. :D

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Yep, that *is* enough for me, especially since a happily-ever-after seems like a cop-out and too neat, just like you said. I'll put this off unless it shows up at the library sometime soon.