Melissa (YA Book Shelf)'s Reviews > Tarnished

Tarnished by Kate Jarvik Birch

Once I picked it up, I didn't want to put this book down. Perfected was a compelling and creepy story, even though I could see some things coming way before Ella realized them. Tarnished is just as - if not more so - creepy. Ella and Penn were separated at the end of book 1 by police officers at the U.S./Canada border, and this book begins one week later with Ella stuck in a Canadian refugee centre. This book was more action packed than the first one with plenty of twists and turns along the way, showing the reader the dark underbelly of NuPet and the black market. I loved how Ella grows over the course of the novel from a pampered Pet, who can't fend for herself to a fierce young woman. Can't wait to see how the story continues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tarnished.

October 14, 2015 – Shelved
October 14, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
November 6, 2015 – Started Reading
November 7, 2015 –
77.0% "Wow...this book is exciting with unexpected twists and turns. Ella has changed so much on her quest to get back to Penn and figure out what's been happening to some of the other Pets in the U.S. It can't be just me who doesn't want to put this book down now that I've picked it up."
November 7, 2015 – Finished Reading