Tim Gurung's Reviews > South China Morning Blues

South China Morning Blues by Ray Hecht

When I started reading this book, it was a bit too hot for me and if I were to be honest here, as they say - it wasn't my cup of tea. When I was initially reading it, I was wearing a writer's hat, which wasn't right and once I changed to a reader's hat, then I started to like the book. This book not only depicts the way newcomers see things but also way they live in China and make the story as real as they were actually happening to them. The writing is simple, easy to understand by commons, and it has all the elements in it that a so called modern literature requires, and the writer has easily managed to achieve it. It has many complicated characters, mostly foreigners exploring the greatness of modern China, and only the talented writer from the outside like him can create such a nice work of modern writing. If you are interested on foreigners' life living in China, this should be the book to read and I highly recommend for you to check it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read South China Morning Blues.

October 13, 2015 – Started Reading